M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love these lights. Great visibility for me at night, most excellent for being seen by other drivers in the daytime. I ordered mine from motoemporium.com, the manufacturer is motolight.com.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,478 Posts
Big Steve said:
I love these lights. Great visibility for me at night, most excellent for being seen by other drivers in the daytime. I ordered mine from motoemporium.com, the manufacturer is motolight.com.

Damn! that looks bitchin! How difficult was it to remove the stock ones and install the new ones? I love that look, I wanna do that to mine. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
There are no "stock" ones to remove. These are aux. running lights, not turn signals. I have them on my BMW and love them! I was thinking of getting them for the 109, but I wasn't sure if they made the mounts yet. I'm might just order the mounts and pull the Motolights from the BMW. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
They mount to the brake caliper with a special bracket and a bolt that replaces the stock one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually, I mounted these to the to the rear-most fender mount holes with the standard fender mounting brackets and Motolight-supplied 6x35mm screws. Being (probably) the first customer of theirs with this bike, Motolight supplied me with 6mm screws of different lengths to try. The 35mm worked best, and if they have a 6x30mm screw that may work better. The one I have are a few mm too long. Motolight did supply spacers which would fix that, but it's not a problem.

The round reflector mount holes seem to be threaded slightly different, so I didn't push my luck with that. I had to give up the reflectors since they compete for the same air space.

 
G

·
Just about all of my friends with HD have these on their bikes. They work flawlessly and the company is great to deal with. My list of mods gets longer and longer. All I got to say is I need another job for these mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Big Steve said:
Actually, I mounted these to the to the rear-most fender mount holes with the standard fender mounting brackets and Motolight-supplied 6x35mm screws. Being (probably) the first customer of theirs with this bike, Motolight supplied me with 6mm screws of different lengths to try. The 35mm worked best, and if they have a 6x30mm screw that may work better. The one I have are a few mm too long. Motolight did supply spacers which would fix that, but it's not a problem.

The round reflector mount holes seem to be threaded slightly different, so I didn't push my luck with that. I had to give up the reflectors since they compete for the same air space.

That really does look good. I like how the housing closely matches the fork lower's silver powdercoat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
I drive to work at night, and I've noticed that going around corners, I have to have the high beam on to see through the turn. I've adjusted the beam height, and put in a "Silver Star". How well does you auxillary lights help you in this situation?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
clone1008 said:
Do the lights come with wiring instructions? Where did you run you wires, up the forks?
The lamp wires run upward next to the brake lines and meet the main wire connector behind the headlight. The main cable/wire from the battery runs underneath the gas tank, through the front opening with the throttle & front brake lines, and into the headlight cowl/cover.

Wiring & mounting instructions are included, and it took me a couple of hours or so to install. I did need help holding up the gas tank while I ran the wires underneath.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BULLYvard said:
I drive to work at night, and I've noticed that going around corners, I have to have the high beam on to see through the turn. I've adjusted the beam height, and put in a "Silver Star". How well does you auxillary lights help you in this situation?
The lights do help on turns, they help alot on curves.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Kick ass! I've had motolights on the last three motorcycles I've owned. They're that good, and the service is nothing short of spectacular. I'm glad to see that they will work with the m109R, which I hope to purchase within the next 30 days. Motolights and Hyperlites (or other brake light modulator) are mandatory. Loud pipes don't save lives (I do like 'em), but bright lights certainly do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,121 Posts
Big Steve said:
Actually, I mounted these to the to the rear-most fender mount holes with the standard fender mounting brackets and Motolight-supplied 6x35mm screws. Being (probably) the first customer of theirs with this bike, Motolight supplied me with 6mm screws of different lengths to try. The 35mm worked best, and if they have a 6x30mm screw that may work better. The one I have are a few mm too long. Motolight did supply spacers which would fix that, but it's not a problem.

The round reflector mount holes seem to be threaded slightly different, so I didn't push my luck with that. I had to give up the reflectors since they compete for the same air space.

Are they steady mounted there? or do they shake and vibrate while you ride? I hate when lights wiggle, its too distracting.

I really like that low down look. I bought the chrome Kewlmetal double light mounting brackets to replace my front marker lights with some silver bullets and then i wanted to mount some driving lights there... Now you have me thinking of doing it this way.
I believe someone else mounted lights down low also..

How bright are they? what is their wattage?

Sledzep
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
Those are very good looking. If I had the money I would of bought those, here are the poor man's fog lights: :bigthumbsup:

 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top