M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
The first one.... The first and thrid cars behind didnt even stop after they saw the DAM accident. At least thepeople @ the station ran for help....

The second guy....STUPID PUTS....

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
The 2nd one, the car sure seemed to be gettin' on it, the biker probably didn't think it was there already. Biker still MAJOR dumb-a$$--- curving wheelie in traffic, no helmet, on tape.

·
Registered
269 Posts
pizzmor said:
Number two is actually our second worse enemy out there besides the intersection problems. People turning left suck.
I actualy had that happen to mey years ago the dam guy looked me rite in the eye then gunned it :eek:

·
Registered
44 Posts
(STUPID) hurts doesnt matter which one is the stupid one it still hurts :cop: :cop: :cop:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Yuck..made me ill all over again...almost the exact same accident I had in 84 on brand new 1000 Interceptor. Guy pulled in to the gas station, I hit him at 50mph and the impact sent me up and over the car and my bike welded itself to the front end of the car so hard it never even fell over. My complete racing suite let me walk away with just a few hundred bruises.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Holly cow, the one at the gas station can anyone make out what kind of bike that was?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
In one of the many reports on this type of stuff I remember reading that they believe it has to do with their (the cage driver) relative safety.
When they see a semi, their (ours too) brain needs a wider margin for them to feel safe. The smaller the approaching vehicle is the less threatened the driver feels and the brain gives an OK to go....
YES, this can be overcome by someone who cares and is actually driving/operating their vehicle instead of just being on auto pilot all the time.

I believe poor driver training is one of the biggest problems in this country.

Sledzep

·
Registered
974 Posts
sledzep01 said:
In one of the many reports on this type of stuff I remember reading that they believe it has to do with their (the cage driver) relative safety.
When they see a semi, their (ours too) brain needs a wider margin for them to feel safe. The smaller the approaching vehicle is the less threatened the driver feels and the brain gives an OK to go....
YES, this can be overcome by someone who cares and is actually driving/operating their vehicle instead of just being on auto pilot all the time.

I believe poor driver training is one of the biggest problems in this country.

Sledzep
:agree:

Driver training is basically a joke in america. And the penalties for accidents which are clearly driver error especially when a death occurs are so nominal that people dont care what happens anymore.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts