M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it first showed up on this Board, it seemed like there was at least some interest in the Morton exhaust for the M109. It seemed like at least a couple of guys were ordering them. Has anybody got one? What are your thoughts about it??

·
Registered
133 Posts
i think they look awsome, BUT if you ride alot they will turn colors on you. to bad mortons doesnt make double walled pipes(or atleast i dont think they do-didnt on the ones i wanted)

·
Registered
629 Posts
J R said:
DONT WANNA BASH BUT HEAR SOME BAD THINGS FROM A GUY WHO,S GOT UM ON HIS 109. LOST ALOT OF POWER AND THEY SOUND SO DAMN LOUD YA CANT STAND IT....BUT I HAVE NOT HEARD UM OR TESTED UM AT ALL BUT IM SURE WHO I GOT THE INFO FROM HAS NO REASON TO LIE HE DONT SELL CRAP
:dontknow: Hey JR, why ya yellin again?

G

·
I had the same design of the Mortons on my VTX1800. If you are building a show bike they look good.

But for anything else - - - - no good.

The pipes weren't just hot, they were blazing hot. It actually causzed a pair of jeans to smolder and I thought I was gonna combust at 70 MPH.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm the guy JR is talkin about, yes I installed them, yes there was hp loss, yes I like loud pipes but these make women and children run for shelter. I am installing baffles and a power commander to see if I can get to a happy hp number will let everyone know results. Hal did you have heat shields? mine didn't seem too hot while on the dyno.

·
Registered
267 Posts
JMAC said:
I'm the guy JR is talkin about, yes I installed them, yes there was hp loss, yes I like loud pipes but these make women and children run for shelter. I am installing baffles and a power commander to see if I can get to a happy hp number will let everyone know results. Hal did you have heat shields? mine didn't seem too hot while on the dyno.
Can you post a pic of the set you have on your bike?

·
Registered
88 Posts
the proper answer is ............ that depends on who's paying for it ! other wise you get a air admittance valve.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
JMAC said:
Did you ever get your bike Dyno'd after installing the PCIII with the Morton exhaust?

How did the baffles work out?

I Like the look and am thinking about these pipes but dont want to take the performance hit.

:doorag:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts