M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a ton of PM's and emails about guys wanting me to build these pipes for them but I really don't want to get into all of that but if you can weld or know a good welder this may be another way to get these done.

Texas109 found the same pipe I used on the Morpher setup for a lot cheaper than buying the v-rod setup. Looks like everthing is the same except that these are stainless instead of chrome and they don't have the mount welded to the pipe. You will still need the two to one piece to make the transition but this is a good find for the money.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=SUP-543-2519

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks Lamont!!!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Lamonster said:
You will still need the two to one piece to make the transition but this is a good find for the money.
So when you made your setup, you cut above the collector and welded to each pipe?? I may not understand what you mean about needing the 2 to 1 piece. I figured you would just cut behind the collector, and weld it to the single pipe like the other JR pipes are done.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Lamonster said:
Ahh, I got ya. So, technically, we could do without the 2 to 1 piece and just use the stock collector, right? Or is the pipe too small to mount aft of the collector?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
It says 2.5 inch let and I think thats pretty close to the collector size where that valve is.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You could leave the stock collector on and reshape it to fit a pipe that mates to the Supertrapp or just weld the Supertrapp to the collector. JR could tell you what makes the most power.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
texas109 said:
Lamonster were did you get the 2 into 1 you welded on? did you make it or buy it? is there a part #?
thanks
From what I'm reading, it sounds like his pipe came with the 2 to 1 piece attached. it was a more expensive one (like to the tune of over $600) made for the V-Rod. The model he's shown above is just a single pipe, and to make it like the V-Rod one, you gotta get a 2 to 1 piece.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
texas109 said:
Lamonster were did you get the 2 into 1 you welded on? did you make it or buy it? is there a part #?
thanks
+1 - Your link doesn't show it coming with the 2 into 1 collector. I think this is the missing piece of info some of us need to be clued in on. Where'd ya get the 2 into 1 collector? Thx!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
jazzman said:
+1 - Your link doesn't show it coming with the 2 into 1 collector. I think this is the missing piece of info some of us need to be clued in on. Where'd ya get the 2 into 1 collector? Thx!
Look one post above yours. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
666 Posts
jazzman said:
So is this the collector (from Summit as well) you used Lamont?

Flowmaster Scavenger Series Y Collector - $39.88
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=FLO-Y250300&N=700+115&autoview=sku

Whatever one it is, it looks like you had it chromed.
ok this is the deal.. Lam has the supertrapp sys made for the V-rod called the V5 which cost $699.00 we are trying to copy his setup for less ;)
i found the supertrapp pipe just like the one Lam has for $189.00 :D so now all i will need is the right collector and it's R&R time :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
The SET butterfly is in a 2.5" ID (2.75" OD) ss tube..if you are looking to fit straight onto that shoulder (either side)!
I would guess that this Supertrapp muffler is made to slip over 2.5" OD tube.

JR has told us that the distance from the merge to the muffler makes a SIGNIFICANT difference...his Can is right up there super close for a reason.
Once you cut the pipes you have to live with that and all cuts will not be equal in performance.Â
Whatever you do, you may have to trade off something (in someones eyes anyway)

BTW ...I have ordered the above Supertrap ss muffler..I think it looks 'cool'Â :bigthumbsup: ..(I have the benefit of a slip on system to suit my mood) If you buy the accessory 2>1 merge, you will be able to change easily too.
I think the presentation that Lamont did with the 'chrome' supertrap is the best I've seen (nice welding too)..but we don't know what figures HAL's motor would have made if JR's personal exhaust had been bolted on...it would be a very interesting exercise :yikes: ...(hint! :D)

My 'homespun' system has been dyno'd .....(I will reveal the results, but not right now.. there is a good reason! :redfaced:), BUT suffice it to say..I was HAPPY with the result but DID NOT make JR 'pac' power (figures I've heard) or the charted power of Tazz or HAL (to be expected with all the work HAL has done to his motor).
My bike with a custom map is running even better (and it was great before)..... the map for my system required a lot of fuel "out" in the lower right quadrant of the spread sheet, when compared to the "Stocker" chart I was using.

cheers, Greg

Â

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jazzman said:
So is this the collector (from Summit as well) you used Lamont?

Flowmaster Scavenger Series Y Collector - $39.88
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=FLO-Y250300&N=700+115&autoview=sku

Whatever one it is, it looks like you had it chromed.
The one I used was build for the V-Rod. It came with a chrome Y-tube and I just made it work. It cost a lot more to do it that way but at least it's all chrome and will always match the headers as far as color goes. :doorag: The only thing you don't use from the kit is the V-Rod mounting bracket.

I think JR is working on a Hooker header setup that should do the same thing as the V-Rod kit for a lot less money I would think. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Lamonster said:
The one I used was build for the V-Rod. It came with a chrome Y-tube and I just made it work. It cost a lot more to do it that way but at least it's all chrome and will always match the headers as far as color goes. :doorag: The only thing you don't use from the kit is the V-Rod mounting bracket.

I think JR is working on a Hooker header setup that should do the same thing as the V-Rod kit for a lot less money I would think. :bigthumbsup:
Looks and sounds great man. Nice job.

Jazzman

1 - 20 of 20 Posts