M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
9.03s 1/8 mile run video of me at the drag strip in Huntsville running my 2nd or 3rd best time.

Me again running my best time of 9.01s. In this one, it was a bracket race. Since my previous two fastest times were 9.03, I used 9.03 as my dial-in. I *thought* of using a 9.00. Wish I would have. Notice as I near the finish race the crotch rocket that comes up on me quick like. :)

Super fast crotch rocket running a 4.63 1/8 mile. *note* after the speed/time shows up on the board, you can quit watching. Wife ...is still learning how to control the movie mode of the digital camera. :)

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Nice vids... You would think that since I live just down the road (less than 10 miles) from Rockingham Dragway that I would have taken my 109 out there by now. I guess I'm just chicken or something. I've only dragged from a stoplight a couple times back to back, so I'm not sure I'm ready for the strip just yet.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only live about 10 miles from mine...and took me over a year to get there. :)

I'd only done a few stoplight drags prior to the track. I took it easy at the lights the first time...and get a little braver each time with the RPM launch. However, you shouldn't worry about being chicken. If it's anything like my track, you'll be lucky if there's any bikes there you can compete with.

Meaning: 98% of the bikes are crotch rockets when I've went. Other bikes I've seen: mostly stock v-rod, mostly stock 1200 sportster, VTX1800, Warrior...and of course, my vs800 intruder. I posted a vid of th warrior & vtx on another board. Owner of VTX isn't a member here (that I know of) so I didn't want to post the vid of him here w/o talking to him first. Best I've seen any of these cruisers run has been an 8.03 in the 1/8 mile. That was the v-rod. I think the VTX1800 ran an 8.11 last week.

Best I've done is 9.01....and that one shocked me, I thought my two 9.03s were gonna be my fastest. I've been told by member of this board that I probably don't need to rejet and just opening up the air boxes would give me a lot more power at launch...but I'm afraid it'll make the bike run too lean/hot and damage it.

..but I wouldn't worry about the dragway. I've had a blast. Hell, if you're close enough, I'll go with you...where you at?

Just launch the first couple times like you would at a stop light. Don't go too high on revs...and feather the clutch to launch instead of popping the clutch.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Hey, I live in Rockingham, NC, near the Rockingham Dragway. The one time I raced a friend mine the light changed so quickly I didn't have time to think about what I was doing. I just yanked the throttle open and dumped the clutch at the same time. Left a 20' black mark in the road and felt the rear get squirley, but it was one hell of an adrenaline rush. I was all smiles when he caught up at the next light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts