M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I can see the new form of vandalism now. Instead of "My tires were slashed", it's "Someone took a glass cutter to my bike"..

·
Registered
702 Posts
sweet vid. I wonder if those wheels really perform like normal wheels, and how long they stay "clear"

I wil also say that even if they don't work, there will still be a value on the show circuit. Why wouldn't brake companies put those on all of their show vehicles.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Man, they look killer :bigthumbsup: Wonder how many $ they will set you back? If I only had the money.........

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
completely and totally for show. We work with Lexan/polycarbonate all the time and they would be dirty after one trip, scratch easily, would be very hard to keep them clear. You sure wouldn't want them for perfomance either. 2" and 1 1/2" lexan like the guy says they're using would be extremely heavy. they'd be heavier than just getting a traditional wheel. on the upside they would literally be bullet proof!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Using a soild wheel will blow the bike all over the place like the v-rod or fat boy stye rims. nice design though! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts