Registered
1,552 Posts
lol, that's a lotta shaved metal.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jcopley said:
Is that the stock rear on the right, looking so small? wow.

J
It really does and the fender looks almost too big with the 240 under it. :confused: The 280 really fits the bike. :bigthumbsup:

phaed said:
lol, that's a lotta shaved metal.
And that's just from the lathe, the mill had about the same amount. :eek:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
It really does and the fender looks almost too big with the 240 under it. The 280 really fits the bike.
i noticed this as well. after taking my rear plate/lights off, it kinda looks too high off the ground at the very least. was considering lowering it. the 280 may be the better solution. will have to hear how it rides, though. how much heavier is this going to be? is the rear suspension going to be able to be dialed into the extra weight?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Lamont:

The gentleman who did all the lathe and mill work is a Master Machinist and these protos are definitely "one off". I assume a production run of wheels would be done for the most part on a CNC, should demand be high????

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bob109 said:
Lamont:

The gentleman who did all the lathe and mill work is a Master Machinist and these protos are definitely "one off". I assume a production run of wheels would be done for the most part on a CNC, should demand be high????
It's faster to do the lathe work by hand on the prototype, and the milling was done on the CNC. The lathe work will be CNC once we are happy with the prototype. 8)

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OhioM109R said:
Now that you have one made up, where do you think this will price wise? Looks very awesome by the way!! :bigthumbsup:
We won't know till everything is accounted for. I could give you a high price and scare you off or give you a low price and not be able to sell it for that. We will be very competitive with everything that's out there now as far as custom wheels and hubs go for Metric bikes. 8)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i don't know anything about this stuff. i see what a lathe is; i don't know what a mill is, and i have no idea what a CNC is. it's interesting though, and now i'm curious about all of it. thanks for posting the vids/pics.

·
Registered
78 Posts
phaed said:
i don't know anything about this stuff. i see what a lathe is; i don't know what a mill is, and i have no idea what a CNC is. it's interesting though, and now i'm curious about all of it. thanks for posting the vids/pics.
I know right! I thought I was getting good at modding my bikes cause I can change an exhaust! This is a whole new level. Impressive to say the least. Damn I wish I cool business like that instead off online marketing. Zzzzzz

Nice work Lamont. Here's one of your first customers. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts