M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a thread about helmet; which is better, full face, half helmet, whom was kidding who, etc., the "vision" thing...

This is just a story - so don't send me any private messages about what a retard I am.

The drummer in my band had a friend ride over from Seattle. The guy wears an older Joe Rocket Ballistic jacket with the heavy duty armor and a full face helmet.

It started getting dark as the guy was cruising along I-90 and saw a deer jump out in front of him. He got to hit the brake a bit and figured he might have gotten it down to 60mph.

After hitting the deer, he landed on the lower left (jawline) area of his full face - which was ground away. He also landed with one knee, elbow and shoulder taking the brunt - mostly the elbow and shoulder. SOMEHOW he managed to get on his back and slid to a stop on it.

His jacket looks like it he wore it through a wood chipper and a belt sander session. His helmet is ... ****ed up. HUGE flat spots and others where the internal foam is showing and ground flat.

He walked away, going down at 60, with 13 stitches on his knee.

And probably a big old bacon strip in his undies.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Sounds like the full face saved a lot of injury from happening, I would love to ride helmet free but i'll stick with my full face modular.

·
Registered
295 Posts
And if you go down, have a second set of undies! LOL

·
Registered
3,120 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
did someone say bacon?

·
Radio Active Member
27,655 Posts
Glad to hear that he walked away with minimal injuries. The Newer mesh jackets are much better rated then the older ones. That is why I wear mine all of the time.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Looks like she was not hot enough to cook that bacon.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts