M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Colorado_Ed said:
Looks like sunny weather and 65 degrees on Monday and 66 on Tuesday.
Anybody up for an early afternoon ride?
Please forgive my memory.... where are you located? I'll be out and riding tomorrow.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Centennial near I-25 and Arapahoe. Just want to take a ride.
Am applying for a different job in the morning and expect to ride in early
afternoon. As close to noon as possible. Got in a quick ride today and
hit 800 miles. Are you up north?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe we can meet at the dealer (Santa Fe & C-470) or further up is fine. Maybe lunch somewhere then a ride.... Then clear long before traffic...
Want to ride to Bailey or somewhere like that?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Tuesday is the start of my weekend, so that would work for me. I'm in Fort Collins though so maybe meeting in the middle might be best kinda like I did with the VTX group today.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Colorado_Ed said:
I live in Centennial near I-25 and Arapahoe.  Just want to take a ride.
Am applying for a different job in the morning and expect to ride in early
afternoon.  As close to noon as possible.  Got in a quick ride today and
hit 800 miles.  Are you up north?
Yes, in Thornton... but I'm planning to be in the Fay Myers parking lot at about 11:30- 12:00.

Call me if you want to meet there.... 303-522-6525. I'd like to see that RedHead you got!!! ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm off to apply for the new Job... Will call you as soon as I get finished and meet you there... ( U up for eating at the "Egg and I" right by there on Yosemite? )
Fay Myers is Cool...

Also on the Tuesday ride.... I think we can work something out!!! I Love to ride!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Colorado_Ed said:
I'm off to apply for the new Job... Will call you as soon as I get finished and meet you there... ( U up for eating at the "Egg and I" right by there on Yosemite? )
Fay Myers is Cool...

Also on the Tuesday ride.... I think we can work something out!!!  I Love to ride!!
Good ride yesterday.... It was nice meeting you, Ed. I can't get the pictures posted... I'm having computer issues.

I hope we have many opportunities for more rides together, down the road!!!!! :bigthumbsup:

Here's the web site for your wife to check out the MSF classes.

www.t3rg.com

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gm2inco said:
Tuesday is the start of my weekend, so that would work for me. I'm in Fort Collins though so maybe meeting in the middle might be best kinda like I did with the VTX group today.
Hey Man, I was just told yesterday evening that they won't like the fact I'm at 870 miles and haven't had the 600 mile service yet.
When purchased the wording "Going over was not a problem" so.... Anyway.. I'm going to try and get the service dona today A.S.A.P.
as in a few mins and if I can get it back soon enough we will ride!
Looks like rain for Wednesday...:-(

·
Registered
306 Posts
Colorado_Ed said:
Anyway.. I'm going to try and get the service dona today A.S.A.P.
as in a few mins and if I can get it back soon enough we will ride!
Actually, I took mine in for service as well. G pointed out Sunday that mine was blowing a little oil so wanted to get that looked at anyway. Then besides that, had some unexpected personal stuff to deal with so... Yeah, lets hope they're wrong about tomorrow!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Mine was at about 950 miles when I finally made it in for the first service and they didn't say anything (Fay Myers). I think the total bill was right at $200. I know that sounds like a lot but when I saw what they were "supposed" to do, it didn't seem bad. Other than changing the oil and differential fluid, they should hook it up to a diagnostic machine and check the SET valve, sync the throttle bodies and check a few other electronic parameters :read: I'm at 10,000 miles now so I'll be taking it back in early next Spring for the valve adjustment (14,000 miles), unless someone close by knows how to adjust them and doesn't mind helping out... hint, hint :D

How 'bout this storm we're supposed to have tonight and tomorrow? Sometimes I'd rather not know that bad weather is coming. I've been dreading going to work today for two days now :swear:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well... At 871 miles and $211 ::) bucks later (also Fay Myers) the 600 mile service was performed. The oil on the inside of the back wheel (not mentioned before) is coming from the final-drive seal :confused: so they had to order a seal from Suzuki. I had them put Amsoil in the bike since I've had all my vehicles on synthetics for years now. I wanted Mobile-1 but they didn't have it. I also had them soften the ride (suspension adjustment) and I think it's better now. I did a little in-town riding and now am up to 893 miles but I'll find out on the next long ride where I encounter more bumps. Speaking of those.. When riding west on C-470 I found a little spot that lifted me up briefly at least on the suspension. Scary :eek: when you have only one hand on the bars at that moment...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hmm... I paid an extra $600 for 2 years maintenance. I'll be curious what if any charges mine comes back with but at $200 a pop, $600 for 2 years seems like a bargain!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gm2inco said:
Hmm... I paid an extra $600 for 2 years maintenance. I'll be curious what if any charges mine comes back with but at $200 a pop, $600 for 2 years seems like a bargain!
As long as it's full maintenance... A lot of corps don't cover filters and so on.. Do you pay for the oil or is it out of the $600? If it's covered you did good!! Just take it a minimum of 3 times to get it checked or tuned...

I got in a ride today before all the clouds came... Miles now = 941

1 - 14 of 14 Posts