M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I got a free minute to post this, pictures to follow. So far I installed a K&N filter on each air intake, some of you saw it and I have duly noted your criticisms. Second I used a 12 inch drill bit attached to a drill bit extender to drill out the three baffles on the pipes. I also installed a Fi2000 fuel injection tuner and got it semi-tuned to my liking. Will all of the shade-tree performance mods I have done....this beeeyach absolutely screams and is like a new bike. For those of you with stock bikes and upcoming performance mods let me tell you this bike comes to life with some simple work and you will be happy. Next I will be adding some after market pipes and some proper K&N filters. I will post some pics later of the Fi2000 install and a pic of the drill bit I used to tap out the pipes. Later.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the standard Fi2000 that is preprogrammed for the 109. There is also a Fi2000R which allows for far more tuning than I will probably ever need. It is for more of a race application. I got it off of the website Lamonster posted.
www.hondadirectlineparts.com

Products Ordered:
COB-920845 - Cobra FI2000 Tri-pot fuel module for the Suzuki M109R.
FREE
SHIPPING. AA080812....$174.95 x 1 = $174.95

Sub-total: $174.95
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: *(3-day and Overnight charges will be added to the Invoice)
TOTAL: $174.95

·
Registered
849 Posts
Keep us informed as the project develops as far as pipes and air filter mods go, and particularly how the Cobra FI mgr. works out. I've always run Dynojet's Power Commander but I'm open to saving a few bucks if I can get what I want performance wise.
Jerbear

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I finally got around to posting these pics. The drill bit is what I used to drill out the baffles in the pipes. There are three in each pipe and you must drill completely thrfough all of them. Using a hole saw would be better but I did not have one on hand. The silver thing in the battery box is the Fi2000 module and the wiring shot is how it attaches to the fuel injector computer. All total the Fi2000 install took about 15-20 minnutes and works awesome. I am still dialing int he settings on the Fi2000 to where I want them, but I will tell you this thing screams with the mods I have done so far. The next thing I might try is an exhaust mod like the ones I have seen posted here where the cat and set valve are cut out and the system is rewelded. More on that if I get the time.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Do you mean that there are three baffles end to end in each exhaust pipe? Not quite sure where the three baffles are.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well yeah Felix is right, there is only one baffle per pipe. I guess I should have said three metal plates per pipe, three per baffle that is. You can see the first metal plate easily through the rear of the pipes. I drilled through all of mine, which is a moot point now. I just ordered the Cobra Dragsters. Post to follow. Sorry for the confusion. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts