M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just thought I’d share a few mod's with you that all come to a total just around 20$, they include Cigarette lighter (3.00-10.00) Chrome Skull clutch cover (5$), Camera video mount 2.50$, Chrome cable cover 6$, all at your local home depot and advanced Auto.

Cigarette lighter:

(sorry still have no idea how to post pic's) I installed this just behind the light so its hidden from view. It works well when I run the cables into my tank bag and it keeps the cables away from me and that is always a good thing ;-), I will in time run this into the tank console and just have plugs off the center consoled on the tank, the plugs will come up under the tank and into the console area and only the part the phone or ipod connects to will be showing, I'm hoping to hide all cables from view when the bike is parked. Note that on this install you will need to do the wiring with a quick disconnect so you can remove the pannel if needed.

Camera mount Chrome cable cover:

This is found in electrical at home depot about 1.50$ and I've added a 7/16 screw with a nylon lock nut for the mounting of the camera, this was done out of desperation because I'm not a good multitasker when riding a bike and have already lost 2 camera during rides trying to take pictures but dropping the camera. I have a proper mount on order but this one will get me by until it comes in. This will fit any camera with a tripod mounting screw on the base the mount is a 1 1/4" and I have a rubber electrical tape to protect the bars from getting scratched. When putting together the camera mount screw at the top tighten it up so that you can still move the camera around for different angels but it doesn't move freely. This will allow you to keep control of the bike with both hands and take pictures at the same time :) O ya and you could always get some paint and spray paint this another color so it doesn’t look like its worth 2 cents ;)
Advanced auto for 8$ I think (I don't know was just messing around in the store and thought I'd give it a try). It looks ok at a distance but i'm not sure it will hold together over time, I'll have to see.

Chrome Skull Gear case cover (I think that’s what it is) 7$ at advanced auto it comes with cross bones that you have to cut off.

Past that I’ve added a few other things like mirrors and a heated seat that I love!!!
For the electrical, on the electrical I noticed that the fuse box is a bit difficult to tap into so I ended up putting the fuses in-line with a lock tight water guard and ran it right to the same location as the eng and the fuse box connects off (if you do this just remember when the bike is shut down the stuff you connected isn't ;). For grounding I used the right hand frame and scraped off the paint then just grounded right to the frame, if you try to ground off the battery make sure it locks down (caused a short at 90mph because I thought it was locked in but it wasn't ::) ops thank goodness I had all the tools needed to fix the issue)

Pic taken from the new mount, please note you can move this around:

Well hope you enjoyed have a good day HB

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Cool thanks for the post :bigthumbsup: .................. I think I'm gonna have to look into the camera mount thing, then find a slip on cover for it so I can keep the bugs off it ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rapid Transit tank bag (really nice, water, audio jack, rain cover, 2 external clear pouches for phone and map and about 15 other pockets for water Balder, key hook, back pack straps and tool pouch and personal stuff) I've managed to pack 2 shirts rain paints and a rain jackets along with tire repair kit in that bag (and under cloths for a few days). O an makeup ;) I may stink but at least I look somewhat decent ::)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i dont really care for the chrome cable covering though.....if i have any criticism. but keep the mods coming. i just noticed the cool mirrors. what are they? :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
292 Posts
hey...........you married..wanna date :joke:
you must be the perfect woman.
but I dont know how to tell you this......but black is faster....

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
FOURNINES said:
but I dont know how to tell you this......but black is faster....
Yea to get dirty that is :p :duck:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Bonehead said:
Yea to get dirty that is :p :duck:
yeah I noticed that......but I would of bought any color......here in oregon you take what you can get.....unless your a real man like BLACKCHERRY.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bad109 said:
i don't really care for the chrome cable covering though.....if i have any criticism. but keep the mods coming. i just noticed the cool mirrors. what are they? :bigthumbsup:
Ya I'm with you on that one, I'm still looking for an alternative (mesh will be my next attempt) :D or goodness knows I'll see something that looks like it might work and I'll give it a try ;), today I added zombie foot pegs, heated gloves and i tried to mount the backoff but it didn't work :( I tried the high and low power lines with no luck :(, I'll mess around with it tomorrow night and see if i can get it going. I'm currently looking for another fuse box to mount with one power in many out :-D its getting a little crowed in my glove box.

By the way LOVE that seat!!!! It was 50 out I was freezing and it was raining and I had a half shield on. Everything was cold but my hands and my butt where about 100 deg!!!! wowow put my legs right up next to the eng and i didn't even get the shivers. For me that is AMAZING, I get cold in north Carolina in the dead of summer.

Mirrors are the Skull mirrors I'll post a pic of the new mods tomorrow when I clean off my bike :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
i have that same tank bag and love it. i have my mp3 player in the clear spot wear the phone goes. and i turned the bag around so all three magnets hold on the tank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts