M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well my first round of mods are complete and the bike looks WAY better! I installed DLP's 2" lowering links, a Fi1000R, K&N air filters, debeavered the rear, and shortened the stock exhaust. I'm like a kid in a candy store! I couldn't hardly believe how heavy the stock exhaust was so I ordered some new 4" chrome tips from Summit Racing and welded them on. Next, is the 260/160 tire combo....

·
Registered
960 Posts
Neat color and nice mods!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Thanks! Where is J&P at? What are the exact dates?
Anamosa Iowa ( if that is spelled right) usally the last week of june. check out thier web site. bike show discounted parts,every major vendor, free installs, free food, 20,000 bikes over the weekend. and the list goes on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anamosa Iowa ( if that is spelled right) usally the last week of june. check out thier web site. bike show discounted parts,every major vendor, free installs, free food, 20,000 bikes over the weekend. and the list goes on.
I'll check out the website. I'm only about 2.5 hours away from Anamosa.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Nice Tank Art!!!!, looks awesome Devil Dog. I was thinking about making the trip out there this year (to J & P open house) but I have orders to Japan for the next two years......that would be too much of a ride I think......

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,874 Posts
Looks great, I like the idea of replacing the stock cans with the chrome tips. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks great, I like the idea of replacing the stock cans with the chrome tips. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:
Thanks! The tips were actually pretty easy to install. It's exactly the same as installing scorpo tips. I just like the looks of the shorty stockers a lot better and it only cost me $65 to do. My only word of caution is that this thing is LOUD.....and I mean LOUD. Here is a better sideshot pic.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Well my first round of mods are complete and the bike looks WAY better! I installed DLP's 2" lowering links, a Fi1000R, K&N air filters, debeavered the rear, and shortened the stock exhaust. I'm like a kid in a candy store! I couldn't hardly believe how heavy the stock exhaust was so I ordered some new 4" chrome tips from Summit Racing and welded them on. Next, is the 260/160 tire combo....
If you still have stock Air Intakes and a Stock Exhaust, what are you gaining by adding the FI2000R and the K&N Air Filters? Did you notice a difference in performance of the bike after you added them?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you still have stock Air Intakes and a Stock Exhaust, what are you gaining by adding the FI2000R and the K&N Air Filters? Did you notice a difference in performance of the bike after you added them?
To be honest with you I have no idea what difference it has/will make yet. The farthest I've made it is around the block. My original plan was to put on the Cobra Dragsters and Big Sucker air kit so that is why I bought the Fi2000R. The problem is I really like the looks of the stock air cleaners and exhaust so I decided to work with that first. I'm not really after maximum performance. I just want the bike to look good and sound good. So far I think it looks WAY better 2" lower with shorty exhaust....not to mention it sounds like a freak'n top fuel dragster when you give it the juice.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts