M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... I finally have all of my easy mods done and will take a break until winter when I send the bike out for Custom paint.

So here is what I have done.
1) Replaced the Grips for Kuryakyn Iso Grips
2) Replaced the Mirrors with Kuryakyn Elipse mirrros.
3) Replaced the Driver Pegs for Kuryakyn Switch Blades (Great peg, but if you use them you will loose some clearance when you flip out the cruise part of the peg).
4) Added the Cold air intake Mod
5) Removed the Stock Turn Signals and plate and replaced them with Kuryakyn Silver bullet LED's and Kuryakyn Curved plate holder
6) Added Blue lighting around the motor (Made my own rather then paying the 2 to 300$ for lizard lights)
7) Drilled the exhaust
8 ) Added the JSD-3M
9) Added the PCIII with custom map for my bike/climate
10) Changed the front and rear tires for Metzlers (The rear is a 260)

Here are a few of the pics...

I think my daughter is enjoying sitting in "Daddy's" seat a little too much... :D

This is a good shot of the SwitchBlades and rear end clean up.
Also, a shot of that Beautiful FAT tire! :D

Another good shot of how the Rear End looks.

A couple of Pics of the lighting work I did...

Sorry the pics are a little fuzzy... you have to hold pretty still for night shots and I didnt have a tri-pod

Here is a shot of the License plate lighting I did... I used 3 White LED's to light the plate from above it... Turned out well IMHO.

And lastly... one of my favorite reasons to ride...  :D :D :D

:doorag:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Awesome work....enjoy the yung'n while she's still young,they grow up FAST!

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2006moy said:
Nice work maybe ill get to see that burple in person sometime when im in the area :bigthumbsup:
Are you coming down for Bikes Blues and BBQ?

·
Registered
974 Posts
If work permits i might be swinging down on the 30th and see what all is going on down there :bigthumbsup:

I cant say absolutely but if i can make it im sure itll be around 2pm or so maybe a tad later. I have to be in michigan tuesday morning then god only knows after that.

·
Registered
292 Posts
wow.....I really like your mods.. :bigthumbsup:..if you ever have time,post some how to's on the lights...did you use L.E.D.s? :doorag:  and the licence plate holder look's
good as well...real clean......and not to be a jerk.. :p..but why did you leave the bicycle reflectors on?.....I haven't taken mine off yet ether......oh I bought those same mirrors.....now I can see the IDIOTs behind me....

ride like your invisible

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FOURNINES said:
wow.....I really like your mods.. :bigthumbsup:..if you ever have time,post some how to's on the lights...did you use L.E.D.s? :doorag:Â and the licence plate holder look's
good as well...real clean......and not to be a jerk.. :p..but why did you leave the bicycle reflectors on?.....I haven't taken mine off yet ether......oh I bought those same mirrors.....now I can see the IDIOTs behind me....

ride like your invisible
Thanks FourNines...

I did use LED's for all of the lighting. They actually have a pretty good light ouput. There are 3 Blue LED's on each side of the Bike aiming down at the engine, and 3 white LED's pointing down at the License plate (In retrospect I could have used 2 here). I took some Cell phone pictures when I was doing the plate mod and I will put them up here in the next day or 2 when I get a break in my schedule.

Initially I took the reflectors off, but I decided to put them back on so idiots in cars could see me better at night...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I like it a lot!!

Can you please give me details on the cold air intake mod?

where did you buy?

how much?

how long?

Can anyone do this?

Thanks for the pics man, youre bike is bitchin!

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
baldylatino said:
I like it a lot!!

Can you please give me details on the cold air intake mod?

where did you buy?

how much?

how long?

Can anyone do this?

Thanks for the pics man, youre bike is bitchin!
Thanks!
Yes, anyone can do it... it was not that hard and the total cost was around 100$ in parts. I bought everything at Auto-Zone but I have read several posts of others getting the stuff at Pep-Boyz. I would say it took me about 6 hours total... that included the time I spent trying to figure out how to couple the Air intake tube to the Chrome Elbow I had bought, and how to mount it to the bike so it wouldn't fall off...

There is a rather huge thread on the Mod.
Here is a link which gives more info on it...
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1771.msg21349#msg21349

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2006moy said:
If work permits i might be swinging down on the 30th and see what all is going on down there :bigthumbsup:

I cant say absolutely but if i can make it im sure itll be around 2pm or so maybe a tad later. I have to be in michigan tuesday morning then god only knows after that.
On Wednesday PM me if you decide to come down... I will be there that day as well as 2 others that responded to another post I left regarding the event...
Maybe we will all be able to meet up.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hayyyyyyyyyyyyy ! were'd you get that jacket from , you copied my jacket bud ! I'm Mad ! Your bike is nice with the mods.....I'd probably done one thing different... Silver is faster !

Nice work..... :bigthumbsup:

Cute kid too ....looks like she's a good kid....honor roll student and all huh .

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
EAGLEFAN67 said:
Hayyyyyyyyyyyyy !  were'd you get that jacket from , you copied my jacket bud ! I'm Mad ! Your bike is nice with the mods.....I'd probably done one thing different... Silver is faster !

Nice work..... :bigthumbsup:

Cute kid too ....looks like she's a good kid....honor roll student and all huh .
Thanks,
she is a good kid... Still working on Honor roll. She somehow manages to keep just missing it by one grade... She'll have all A's and B's then 1 C...
She is trying hard though. The running deal is when she makes Honor Roll FOR THE YEAR I will buy her a dirt bike...

Fingers crossed! :bigthumbsup:

Now... regarding the color... we all know Blurple is the fastest... :D

·
Registered
355 Posts
Great pics JU!! My daughter was my rider too but she is in college now so I dont even ride with the second seat on now. I want to change lights to the Kury LEDs from the Halogens. Can you give info on the brightness? Do you have them as run lights in the front? How are they attached in the back? Thanks!

Bullie

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bullie said:
Great pics JU!! My daughter was my rider too but she is in college now so I dont even ride with the second seat on now. I want to change lights to the Kury LEDs from the Halogens. Can you give info on the brightness? Do you have them as run lights in the front? How are they attached in the back? Thanks!

Bullie
Thanks Bullie, the LED's are very bright and I am quite pleased with how they look. I have not installed them on the front yet but plan on doing it here in the next few weeks... (The more I look at the bike the more I realize I need to swap the fronts out). :D

I have the lights in the rear set up as turn only, same as the stockers and install was pretty straight forward. If you pull the rear fender off of your bike you will see towards the back of the plastic plate that there is a lip that is the perfect size to drill a hole down through I just drilled and installed the lights there, then ran the load equalizer against the frame under the plastic piece where the seat unlock is.

I will try to remember to take a couple of pics tomorrow and post them up here...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Hey bro, your kid may be liking the "Daddy Seat" too much, but she can reach all the controls already 8)

Great looking bike and family. I think I even recognize some of the stuff in the background of the shots. The park that you guys take the pictures in have mnt biking trails? If so, I was there riding last year with some friends from work. (90% sure)

Take care,
Dalton

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DaltonH said:
Hey bro, your kid may be liking the "Daddy Seat" too much, but she can reach all the controls already 8)

Great looking bike and family. I think I even recognize some of the stuff in the background of the shots. The park that you guys take the pictures in have mnt biking trails? If so, I was there riding last year with some friends from work. (90% sure)

Take care,
Dalton
Thanks Dalton.
Yeah, I was actually suprised when she was able to reach the controls...  8)

Most of those Pics were taken from "Devils Den" State park. There are a ton of biking/hiking and every other kind of trail out there. Its a very nice state park (Great riding!) The only down side is that you have to go after a week of rain to have any water over the waterfall in the pic. 80% of the year it just looks like a pile of rocks...

·
Registered
974 Posts
Just looking at your pics again id say your daughter might be close to Firecat's size? Guess if she makes all A's she gets a 2" lowered 109..

J/K Bike looks good i didnt make it down saturday but i was down in your area all day today messing around.

Did you win a trophy btw?

Mike

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
2006moy said:
Just looking at your pics again id say your daughter might be close to Firecat's size? Guess if she makes all A's she gets a 2" lowered 109..

J/K Bike looks good i didnt make it down saturday but i was down in your area all day today messing around.

Did you win a trophy btw?

Mike
Unfortunately I did not... I lost to an 1100 Honda that I honestly dont think should have won... There were 2 other bikes there that I thought could beat me, but not the one that did. I think he won it because he had a POW/MIA paint scheme which touches a lot of people, myself included.

I have pics of the Festival as well as Bike show posted in this thread http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=5533.msg74635#msg74635

1 - 19 of 19 Posts