M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've had my 109 for three weeks, and I've blown over $700 on mods already. :joke: Here's my list:

1" Handlebar risers
Lowering Kit
Scorpion Exhaust Kit
FI2000R
Kuryakyn Iso Grips
Drive Shaft Cover
Swing Arm Cover
Rear Turn Signals
Side mount Bracket
Tach and Speedo Face plates
Street FX Blue LEDs x4 pods
GPS Mount
GPS hard wire kit
Blue tooth head sets

Haven't installed anything except the grips yet. I am waiting until I pass the break-in period for the bike. I am at 550 miles so far. Once I hit 1000 miles, its over. I am spending a weekend installing everything at once. :D

Couple questions:
Since I am doing the Exhaust and FI2000R, would I see that much more power if I put on the "Cycle House Monster Intake"?? http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=9061&str=290
I love the looks of it, and wouldn't mind the extra HP and Torque. And with that setup, (FI2000R, Exhaust and Monster Intake) how much additional HP/Torque do you think would be added from the baseline (off the showroom floor)?

And I saw a bunch of people carry here. I live in a rural part of Ohio, and I carry almost all the time, not cuz I have to, but because I have my license to and exercise my rights. Point being is, is there anything I can do to store my Glock under the back cowl for when I cant carry in certain buildings?? I don't want to carry a Hex wrench everywhere, is there a quick release mod for storing things back there?

Thanks in advance!!!:p

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
So I've had my 109 for three weeks, and I've blown over $700 on mods already. :joke: Here's my list:

1" Handlebar risers
Lowering Kit
Scorpion Exhaust Kit
FI2000R
Kuryakyn Iso Grips
Drive Shaft Cover
Swing Arm Cover
Rear Turn Signals
Side mount Bracket
Tach and Speedo Face plates
Street FX Blue LEDs x4 pods
GPS Mount
GPS hard wire kit
Blue tooth head sets

Haven't installed anything except the grips yet. I am waiting until I pass the break-in period for the bike. I am at 550 miles so far. Once I hit 1000 miles, its over. I am spending a weekend installing everything at once. :D

Couple questions:
Since I am doing the Exhaust and FI2000R, would I see that much more power if I put on the "Cycle House Monster Intake"?? http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=9061&str=290
I love the looks of it, and wouldn't mind the extra HP and Torque.

And I saw a bunch of people carry here. I live in a rural part of Ohio, and I carry almost all the time, not cuz I have to, but because I have my license to and exercise my rights. Point being is, is there anything I can do to store my Glock under the back cowl? I don't want to carry a Hex wrench everywhere, is there a quick release mod for storing things back there?

Thanks in advance!!!:p
I have no idea how big that gun is but maybe you can modify something under the seat where the battery sits, take out the tool kit and maybe fit it in there? Thats a lot easier to get to then removing the cowling

Regarding the Exhaust and Fi2000R You will probably experience some more power but whats more enjoyable is the more refined and smoother ride the new EFI gives, and you certainly feel some extra boost on hard throttle run too!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
My Sig Sauer P229, will not fit under there. I just watch where I'm going when carrying, and riding. Usually, I try to make a motorcycle ride for pleasure, not business. So, I tend to take a car to those destinations. I am not sure if you'll be able to get your weapon under the cowl, but if you do, please post a how-to. That will be my next mod for sure!:bigthumbsup:

That's what I was gonna say as well.... Modify the tool "Compartment" to carry it.

What is your CC weapon?
Mine is a M&P .357sig Compact and I think it would fit.
My KelTec .380 fits in there with no cutting. But, I feel better with my P229. But, it is nice to have a pocket piece with 8 rounds.

·
Registered
483 Posts
My Sig Sauer P229, will not fit under there. I just watch where I'm going when carrying, and riding. Usually, I try to make a motorcycle ride for pleasure, not business. So, I tend to take a car to those destinations. I am not sure if you'll be able to get your weapon under the cowl, but if you do, please post a how-to. That will be my next mod for sure!:bigthumbsup:
For you Hink look into HR 218 signed into law in 2004. Great info on the net.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
For you Hink look into HR 218 signed into law in 2004. Great info on the net.
I know about that law... But I still watch what I do. Too many people are ready to hit the panic button! Been put on my face in a grocery store because a woman saw my weapon, when I bent over to get some spaghetti sauce, and called the police. They came in weapons drawn, and ordered me to the ground. I think she said I was waving it around... but none the less, I wasn't going to plead my case until the officers involved felt secure. I did as I was told, they disarmed me, detained me, then asked questions. I was detained for approx. 2 minutes, then they saw my ID. I know the pressure of getting a call like that, and I don't blame the officers. The woman just hit the panic button, and they were just doing there jobs... To a "T" I might add!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I was gonna say as well.... Modify the tool "Compartment" to carry it.

What is your CC weapon?
Mine is a M&P .357sig Compact and I think it would fit.
I carry a Glock 23, S&W .40 :D I haven't tried to fit it under the seat, though if I'm parked, it should be okay for the small time I need to store it.

Man, I am really looking forward to getting all those mods installed!:drool:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know about that law... But I still watch what I do. Too many people are ready to hit the panic button! Been put on my face in a grocery store because a woman saw my weapon, when I bent over to get some spaghetti sauce, and called the police. They came in weapons drawn, and ordered me to the ground. I think she said I was waving it around... but none the less, I wasn't going to plead my case until the officers involved felt secure. I did as I was told, they disarmed me, detained me, then asked questions. I was detained for approx. 2 minutes, then they saw my ID. I know the pressure of getting a call like that, and I don't blame the officers. The woman just hit the panic button, and they were just doing there jobs... To a "T" I might add!:bigthumbsup:
Man, that sucks. I haven't run into that issue in Ohio. I've been carrying for a while too. I don't think carrying in Ohio is as normal as being in Texas, but there seem to be a lot of conservatives and if you dont look like a hoodlum, then you probably aren't one, IMHO. ;)

On the flip side, its good to know that people are paying attention and acting on insecurities. I'd feel worse if someone didn't report something suspicious and, ohh, I dont know, a plane crashed....... Just sayin...

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
On the flip side, its good to know that people are paying attention and acting on insecurities. I'd feel worse if someone didn't report something suspicious and, ohh, I dont know, a plane crashed....... Just sayin...
Actually, she lied, and said my weapon was in my hand. She just was anti-gun, and probably got off on watching me laying on the ground. She was real upset when they let me go, and they confronted her with the video tape of me doing nothing wrong. So, I can't agree with you on this statement, for this scenerio.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Point being is, is there anything I can do to store my Glock under the back cowl for when I cant carry in certain buildings?? I don't want to carry a Hex wrench everywhere, is there a quick release mod for storing things back there?
Only downside would be someone seeing you store your firearm there...it would only take a screw driver to pry it off and your gun is in the hands of a criminal.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Only downside would be someone seeing you store your firearm there...it would only take a screw driver to pry it off and your gun is in the hands of a criminal.
:agree: years ago when i lived in indiana briefly, i used a Galco SOB holster for carrying my Glock 30 while riding. Fit nicely under my riding jacket and was still very easily accessible if the need should have presented itself.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually, she lied, and said my weapon was in my hand. She just was anti-gun, and probably got off on watching me laying on the ground. She was real upset when they let me go, and they confronted her with the video tape of me doing nothing wrong. So, I can't agree with you on this statement, for this scenario.
Ohhh, yeah... that's just wrong. If she's fabricating lies to punish innocent people based on the fact shes anti-second-amendment, she should be cited and fined for that. I didn't realize that was the case, my bad. sry!:-[

back to the topic though, can anyone eduma-guess on a percentage of increase with the performance mods I am going to do? Or maybe a round number for HP/Torque increase? I don't want to put the bike on a Dyno, I've seen bad things happen and I don't want "my precious" to get hurt!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
windycityrider and Deputy both bring up good points...

Maybe a shoulder holster would work better when riding than a hip holster. And either way, I need a more secure place to store the sidearm than something like the cowl. IDK what to do now!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Name the last time a place crashed due to someone carrying a gun on their motorcycle or in the grocery store? Great. Just because some hyper-ventilating soccer mom sees an imprint or grip of my personal carry, permit allowed, weapon the state has the right to throw me on my face? BS. Indiana law allows personal carry in full view or concealed, as long as you have a permit. That way, the crap like happened to Hink doesn't happen here too!

WIth that said, my ever-present companion is a Glock 19 but when I need easier to hide, etc I carry a KelTec 380. Definately not my first choice in a gun fight but better than a stick!

G

·
I'd be a little concerned about how much heat the gun might be exposed to under the seat. I put a pair of sunglasses in the tool pouch box once. What I pulled out wasn't pretty. It was melted into the rag it wrapped them in. Fortunately I have the saddlebags to put my gun in.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As far as performance, probably around 108 rwhp +/- 2, maybe. Need to let her breath!
You're guessing that before or after the mods? What about numbers at the crank?

What are the stock numbers?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts