M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow, I really like those Tobin seats. Do you think they are going to do one for the 109? I think that there would be interest.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
MarcJ said:
Wow, I really like those Tobin seats. Do you think they are going to do one for the 109? I think that there would be interest.
Of course they will,if there is a market..

·
Registered
231 Posts
MDBlvd109 said:
Man00

Did you email them to see if the 109 seat was on their radar? If not...I think there would be enough interest with this site to start them thinking.
I'm in... the $1300 Corbin is a "bit" high and it doesn't even have an operator's backrest.

G

·

cost me $100.00 to do this Stinky's Custom Cars & Bikes 585-330-5514 Rochester, NY about 1 week turn a round i bought another seat & had it done

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
SHoot a email their way..won't hurt. Turn around is less than a week for the seats..You know that you send in your seat?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
joet said:

cost me $100.00 to do this
That looks great. :bigthumbsup:

Right now I'm thinking the same thing. The Corbin just doesn't do it for me. If they had a drivers backrest I would be all over it but they don't do I'll just stick with what I have.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
larry109 said:
Has anyone tried this to their seat. Scroll down to see the mod.

http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Seats.html#Seats
I didn't put new foam in mine, I put in gel. Just ordered the raw gel pad from here.
http://www.saddlemen.com/gelpadsfirst.html and did pretty much what the article you linked to states.
1) pull staples
2) mark area of old foam to remove
3) remove old foam
4) insert new gel
5) staple closed
6) ride in more comfort

Now...look at my bike. It's a Suzuki VS800 cruiser. I've ridden it over 500 miles in a day...with NO pain/discomfort on my behind at all. Zip, zilch, nada.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wildwolf

How is the gel holding up, how long have you had the gel inserted, think I read about Corbin tried gel but didn't hold up well.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I've had the gel in my seat for just over a year now: about 7500 miles worth of riding. As far as comfort, it's been the absolutely best $60 I ever spent on my bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts