M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting 54 responces, I think deserves a reply. First of all, when I started with the subject, I should have inserted "customise" as well, to read " Modify, personalise or customise yes, but not mutilate" I think that all of the first three are great, and yes I am one of many that appreciates and supports induvidualism and the work and effort that goes into that artistry if you will.
But I stand by my line of "not mutilate". When I see DUCT TAPE or a CARMUFFLER on a beautiful M109r, I cannot call that creative or artistry as someone called it. I am sorry.
Yes, you are absolutely right, when you are the owner, you can bloody well do what you want with your bike. it is your bike and your money, correct.
We fortunately have that freedom in this country. but I also have that same freedom to comment on that.
I did not realise that I could step on as many toes in one swoop as I did, judging by the replies and with what I perceived to be just an opinion. Is'nt that what this web is all about?

·
Registered
161 Posts
To each his own. If you want to do something that I don't agree with, than more power to ya. It's your f :edit:n bike not mine. Personally I like the guys that go out on a limb and modify their bikes "against the grain" than the typical, chrome, fat tire, and expensive paint guys. That gets so freakin old to me. Kudos to the car muffler guy whoever you are, for building a bike for you and NO ONE ELSE. All those chrome guys just want to fit in and show off.

·
Registered
386 Posts
kratto said:
Getting 54 responces, I think deserves a reply. First of all, when I started with the subject, I should have inserted "customise" as well, to read " Modify, personalise or customise yes, but not mutilate" I think that all of the first three are great, and yes I am one of many that appreciates and supports induvidualism and the work and effort that goes into that artistry if you will.
But I stand by my line of "not mutilate". When I see DUCT TAPE or a CARMUFFLER on a beautiful M109r, I cannot call that creative or artistry as someone called it. I am sorry.
Yes, you are absolutely right, when you are the owner, you can bloody well do what you want with your bike. it is your bike and your money, correct.
We fortunately have that freedom in this country. but I also have that same freedom to comment on that.
I did not realise that I could step on as many toes in one swoop as I did, judging by the replies and with what I perceived to be just an opinion. Is'nt that what this web is all about?
Duct tape comment was a joke. Anyway, to each his own and I'd take that car pipe over the stock exhaust as quickly as you wouldn't ... p.s. did lamonster pull that last one or did you just have to start a new thread?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
DFW_Warrior said:
To each his own. If you want to do something that I don't agree with, than more power to ya. It's your f :edit:n bike not mine. Personally I like the guys that go out on a limb and modify their bikes "against the grain" than the typical, chrome, fat tire, and expensive paint guys. That gets so freakin old to me. Kudos to the car muffler guy whoever you are, for building a bike for you and NO ONE ELSE. All those chrome guys just want to fit in and show off.
You hit the nail on the head! Some clarification for you :D :D

A "Is a Be".......the guys that bend and shape metal like a artist and define what they ride by making their machines unique. They have the ability to visualize a concept of something mundane and take it to a higher visual/mechanical level. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

A "Wanna Be"......the guys who have no creative talent other than to bad mouth the "Is a Be". They are great at buying someone else's finished products and for the most part have someone else install the mod because the only tools they own are under the seat of the bike they ride on.....need anything else be said :eek: :eek: :eek:

Unfortunate as it may be, there are more "Wanna Be's" than there are "Is a Be's" and maybe that is why "Is a Be's" have such a great appreciation of each other...they speak the same language and never bad mouth or talk down a brothers efforts at change :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
kratto said:
Hey Krappo,
Another post and you continue to be rude about others efforts!
Show us the "trinkets" you've put on your bike ...(if you've got one)...and show us your "trinketed" sailboat!.....GO ON GIVE US A LAUGH.....or are you just going to sit safely in the background and criticise others.Â
 We all enjoy freedom of speech..but some of us should temper when they exercise their freedom for times when they have something worthwhile to say!
What possible gain is there in being rude about other peoples rides..why would you even think others would want to be like someone who talks about motor bike accessories as "trinkets"?Â

If you haven't got anything usefull to say about motorbikes why not try post on subjects you probably are good at, like: "ironing", "housekeeping" or "bed wetting"..some of us have a full quota of male hormones and just want to make the most of our bikes.
PS.. I'm surprised that a nitpicker like you can't spell either!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
rasputin said:
Hey Krappo,
Another post and you continue to be rude about others efforts!
Show us the "trinkets" you've put on your bike ...(if you've got one)...and show us your "trinketed" sailboat!.....GO ON GIVE US A LAUGH.....or are you just going to sit safely in the background and criticise others.Â
 We all enjoy freedom of speech..but some of us should temper when they exercise their freedom for times when they have something worthwhile to say!
What possible gain is there in being rude about other peoples rides..why would you even think others would want to be like someone who talks about motor bike accessories as "trinkets"?Â

If you haven't got anything usefull to say about motorbikes why not try post on subjects you probably are good at, like: "ironing", "housekeeping" or "bed wetting"..some of us have a full quota of male hormones and just want to make the most of our bikes.
PS.. I'm surprised that a nitpicker like you can't spell either!
Greg....that's "Priceless" :D :D :D :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.