M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have followed with great interest what people do to their motorcycles. I suppose that, the idea is to be different or personalise or simply wanting to stand out in a crowd. I can relate to that. In fact, choosing some accesories to clean-up the look of a bike that was either overlooked or did not make sense by the manufacturer to do, or add some of your own taste to it I can understand that. Afterall it is not just a mode of transportation, but a hobby. You can compare it to owning a sailboat, there are always little trinketts that would improve the look, or add a personal touch or even make it go faster, Ihave been there.
The M109R "out of the box" is a beautiful motorbike. It has performance,and it has the good looks. I would imagen that is why most of us bought one. Suzuki has spent millions on technical and market research to come up with this product. For my dime they hit the nail on the head. I think this product is the envy of many motorcycle manufactures.
When I see what some of the members of this board have done to theirs bikes, to simple be different, is in my mind not gutsy but simple a crime. To totally mutilate a beatiful piece of machinery is beyond my comprehension, and I might add pissing away the value of such. If someone wants to do their thing why don't they buy an old bike and take out their frustration on that....... When is good, good enough?
I invite yours comments to the above for dicussion and enlighten me. Thank you.

·
Registered
386 Posts
... in my mind not gutsy but simple a crime

I say fix up your bike like you want and don't worry about it. We worry too much about "what do YOU think?" and not enough about "This looks good to me, i don't care if it is duct tape!".  "Is a sportster a girls bike?"  ... well if a girl is riding that particular one, yes!  etc. etc. etc.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I love the stock look too, however mods are part of fun and game. Many mods have made the 109 look way better, and I envy the results. Some I don't like. If I couldn't modify the 109, or make it look the way I wanted, I likely wouldn't buy a one. I havn't done much, but it will happen...
To each their own, but I personally am addicted to checking out what others have done to their 109. Gives me great ideas.
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
What may be mutilation to you may be beautification to the owner. We as a group didn't really put much thought into what other people think we should be riding, else we'd all be riding Harleys. Why should any of us now care what others think of the mods we do to OUR OWN bikes? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I may not agree with some of the mods others have done on this site but I say "more power to 'em". To each his own, etc. etc. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
476 Posts
To each there own, but that is the choice of the owner and is not really the concern of anyone else, if you don't like it don't look at it, if you do fine but don't slam anyone for what they like especially if it is theirs just don't let them touch your bike.

·
Registered
629 Posts
pizzmor said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....SSSSSHHHHAAADDDDUUUPPP!!!!!
+1

Like seems to be popular consensus, which is obviously contradictory on this Site, To Each Their Own.
You have a right to your own opinion, however, so does everyone else.

Don't knock another's Creative Expression. As I have said before. Thank God we are all different, The world would be so boring if we weren't.

·
Registered
185 Posts
kratto said:
. . . The M109R "out of the box" is a beautiful motorbike. It has performance,and it has the good looks. I would imagen that is why most of us bought one. Suzuki has spent millions on technical and market research to come up with this product. For my dime they hit the nail on the head. I think this product is the envy of many motorcycle manufactures. . . .

When is good, good enough?
I agree with you to a point . . yes the bike is a design engineer's work of art, and I'll probably leave mine basically stock with a few accessories . . BUT I will be forever intrigued by the ingenuity and talent some people have to fabricate, paint and customize and I really enjoy seeing the creative mods posted on this site. I may be wrong but I suspect you do as well, just trying to stir the pot a bit ?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Everyone has an opinion and mine is the only one I really care about ;) You are entitled to decide what looks good/bad to you, but that is your opinion.
When I'm done with my bike I will guarantee there will be people who don't like ,but thats OK because the only person I'm out to please is me :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
kratto said:
 " to clean-up the look of a bike that was either overlooked or did not make sense by the manufacturer to do, or add some of your own taste to it I can understand that." Â

" You can compare it to owning a sailboat, there are always little trinketts that would improve the look or add a personal touch or even make it go faster, Ihave been there."

"Suzuki has spent millions on technical and market research"Â

"When I see what some of the members of this board have done to theirs bikes, to simple be different, is in my mind not gutsy but simple a crime."

"To totally mutilate a beatiful piece of machinery is beyond my comprehension, and I might add pissing away the value of such."Â
"To totally mutilate a beatiful piece of machinery is beyond my comprehension, and I might add pissing away the value of such."

Well from a person that wants to put "trinkets" on a sailboat..that's not hard to understand!

"Suzuki has spent millions on technical and market research"

they didn't ask me what I wanted ..I seriously doubt they asked a "trinketed" sailboat owner either!

" to clean-up the look of a bike that was either overlooked or did not make sense by the manufacturer to do, or add some of your own taste to it I can understand that."

Make up your mind!

"When I see what some of the members of this board have done to theirs bikes, to simple be different, is in my mind not gutsy but simple a crime. "

(It's not you again Mania is it?) ..leave home and get a life!
 You say you've "been there"...... I would seriously doubt you've even seen a picture of the place!

WHAT A TOSSER!

Hey Krappo, show us your 109 (if you've got one?)...Let's see your "trinketts"(sp)

Â

·
Registered
665 Posts
walker said:
i like my pancakes with butter and syrup; but almost never with jam
 Walker,don't be cuttin up them pan cakes! :joke:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
rasputin said:
"To totally mutilate a beatiful piece of machinery is beyond my comprehension, and I might add pissing away the value of such."

Well from a person that wants to put "trinkets" on a sailboat..that's not hard to understand!

"Suzuki has spent millions on technical and market research"

they didn't ask me what I wanted ..I seriously doubt they asked a "trinketed" sailboat owner either!

" to clean-up the look of a bike that was either overlooked or did not make sense by the manufacturer to do, or add some of your own taste to it I can understand that."

Make up your mind!

"When I see what some of the members of this board have done to theirs bikes, to simple be different, is in my mind not gutsy but simple a crime. "

(It's not you again Mania is it?) ..leave home and get a life!
 You say you've "been there"...... I would seriously doubt you've even seen a picture of the place!

WHAT A TOSSER!

Hey Krappo, show us your 109 (if you've got one?)...Let's see your "trinketts"(sp)

Â
Greg.... simply superb :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
kratto said:
I have followed with great interest what people do to their motorcycles. I suppose that, the idea is to be different or personalise or simply wanting to stand out in a crowd. I can relate to that. In fact, choosing some accesories to clean-up the look of a bike that was either overlooked or did not make sense by the manufacturer to do, or add some of your own taste to it I can understand that. Afterall it is not just a mode of transportation, but a hobby. You can compare it to owning a sailboat, there are always little trinketts that would improve the look, or add a personal touch or even make it go faster, Ihave been there.
The M109R "out of the box" is a beautiful motorbike. It has performance,and it has the good looks. I would imagen that is why most of us bought one. Suzuki has spent millions on technical and market research to come up with this product. For my dime they hit the nail on the head. I think this product is the envy of many motorcycle manufactures.
When I see what some of the members of this board have done to theirs bikes, to simple be different, is in my mind not gutsy but simple a crime. To totally mutilate a beatiful piece of machinery is beyond my comprehension, and I might add pissing away the value of such. If someone wants to do their thing why don't they buy an old bike and take out their frustration on that....... When is good, good enough?
I invite yours comments to the above for dicussion and enlighten me. Thank you.
+1
I agree completely! My mods are cool and everyone else went too far, or has no taste! :joke: :joke
What were they thinking :dontknow: :dontknow: :D

As soon as you add just one trinket you have mutilated something in someones eyes. Tank bra??? The guy who designed it understands your good taste, the guy who designed the tank thinks you put a paper bag over his daughters face on a date...

You should get a Harley, they are perfect right out of the crate! And if you never added anything you would be the most unique of us all.

Sledzep

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Kratto, I find your comments interesting to say the least. I believe that when I put down my 12 grand to buy this bike it entitled me to do whatever I please to it. What you consider a crime we consider making the bike our own. I have been with this board from the beginning and I am impressed by the mods that some of the members have made to their bikes, If you take the time to look at them you will see some real works of art. Furthermore while you may think that these mods have diminished the bikes value I disagree with you, most people who mod their bikes do so for their own enjoyment and not for what it will bring in dollars to them down the road. You are right Suzuki did a great job with this bike and that is the reason we bought them but that does not mean that we as a group can not make it better. You should always keep in mind that the aftermarket industry for motorcycles is big business and if you don't think for one minute that the makers of these bikes design them with room for improvement in order to promote that aftermarket business then you truly just don't get it. In closing if you like your bike stock then by all means leave it that way but don't take shots at those of us who wish to bring it to a even higher level.By the way if you need proof to back up the above statements, I suggest you go and buy a HARLEY and then try and get out the door with a stock bike, their salespeople are schooled in selling as much aftermarket parts as they can before you pick that bike up.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts