M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought the bike one of the few Mods it had besides the paint was the exhaust, it was a roadburner 3" by Hard Krome. It looked decent but wasn't the look I would have went for. I liked the headpipe and the flow around the motor but it was a bit too long in my opinion and too loud so I modded it. Cut it down a bit, modified the baffle, changed the bracket and put turn out on it. I think it flows with the bike much better, let me know what you think...

Before:

After:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
actually I like the before. The thing that turns me off is the expanded part of the slip on. It interrupts the natural flow of the pipes. If you like it, that's all that matters.

How do those pipes sound?

·
Registered
34 Posts
:bigthumbsup:good job....I like them alot....how do they sound?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They actually sound really good. i also modded the baffle when I was in there. I had to shorten it 4 inches but I put on and end plate and welded it to it, then drilled large holes until I got the mixture of flow/sound that I wanted. I would put up a sound clip but they never seem to do any justice on a pc...

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
i like them better now, but do you think that you could somehow smooth out the transition to the new tip?
:agree: I like the looks of the shorter pipes also.

·
Registered
877 Posts
nice...:bigthumbsup:maybe just a bit shorter...but those r some fat azz pipes...

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
pipes mods look great, matter of fact the hole bike looks great. Good job!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
actually I like the before. The thing that turns me off is the expanded part of the slip on. It interrupts the natural flow of the pipes. If you like it, that's all that matters.

How do those pipes sound?
I liked the before as well....but if you like them, then that is all that matters.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup: looks good! Watch those right hand turns tho........them bad boys are LOW!
Yes they are, found that out in a hard right hand sweeper at about 80mph today8)...With it being lowered now they will scrape before the pegs, wish I had a better solution but for now this is the way it will sit. I will probably do another custom exhasut over the winter, but just want to get some riding in now...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts