M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Santa is bringing Corbin bags for my 109. Has anyone ever seen those bags modified to be glassed in the turn signal area (so that the bag is no longer cut out in that area for the turn signal). My thought was to debeaver the bike while also having the bags on. Was wondering if that made any sense or would work? Seems like it would be a cool mod...

·
Registered
364 Posts
I thought of doing the same mod. I have had my eye open for some damaged bags someone might sell cheap. I think it would look awsome with the signal area glassed in. I am told you can't run a 280 tire with these bags either. That would be the other mod I would do to clear a wider tire. If you have the skills I say, "go for it". It would look great!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I have never seen it done, but it would be easy enough to do.

What are your fiberglass skills like?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fiberglass

I have done fiberglass work on an airplane I helped rebuild years ago. Beyond that, not much. I do have people that would be willing to lend a hand.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I thought of doing the same mod. I have had my eye open for some damaged bags someone might sell cheap. I think it would look awsome with the signal area glassed in. I am told you can't run a 280 tire with these bags either. That would be the other mod I would do to clear a wider tire. If you have the skills I say, "go for it". It would look great!
If I'm not mistaken, someone on the forum has the bags with a 280. I believe they modified the bracket on one side for clearance. Sorry, I can't remember who it was.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, someone on the forum has the bags with a 280. I believe they modified the bracket on one side for clearance. Sorry, I can't remember who it was.
if im not mistaken they also had to cut out and re glass the right bag on the inside.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
22slow is his screen name. these were first gen bags as I think they have changed them some, and yes he had a body shop chop out the inside part of the bag.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Of course another answer would be to find some automotive tail lights that mimic the shape and then just mold those in. If your lucky you might even find some that would not require glass work. As far as the big tire. Looking at mine it would seem that some spacers and a wider spreader bar would help a fatty fit in there.
Bob

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
If you debever it the rear support that ties the two bags together will be showing. just checked mine I can slide my little finger between the right bag and the 250 tire, and there is still tire strikes on it. Dont know if this is from tire flex or what but you need some room there for what ever causes this.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Just unwrapped my Corbin bags this morning. I'm still not sure how Santa gets all that stuff in his bag. I noticed the strap on the rear you are referring to. I see how it would show. Dang it. Do you run a Metz 250- is that the one with a little tire rub on the bags? Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I run a 250. some time after i bought mine I moded the rear support. but the right bag is closer. corbin says they fixed the problem while working on Bobs bike screamnyellowzonker if that is spelled right. I think part of the problem is the fender is not completely aligned over the tire. I never noticed it befor but I was just out in the garage stripping the bike down and the two little screws holding the fender on underneath, the left one ,screwdriver straight up to get it, the right one had to use a shorty screw driver to take that one out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts