M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its been a long time since I have been on here, seems we have a WHOLE bunch of new members, Welcome all of you. Since there are so many new faces and new brains to pick I need some ideas for mods.
As I do not have the amount of $$ required to do all of the performance modifications that I would like to do I was thinking of doing something on the cheap that would look nicer and add a bit more personality to my bike.

Here's what I was thinking:

I have seen those of you that have cut out the insets in your risers, leaving a riser that looks a lot leaner and meaner. To those that have done this what do you think of the mod, do you like it, did it change anything in terms of stability? I like the look but don't want to destroy the stability of the bike for a small bit of looks. Also for those that have done this or had it done do you have any advise for doing it myself? Where does this task rate on difficulty, 1-10 I would tackle a 5 by myself, but hire out for anything that would require a large amount of expertise or specialized tools. What do you think.

I have seen and like what Shayne109r has done to the license plate mounts and have sent him a PM about doing a derby cover. I am not set on the design but I was thinking a Biohazard symbol, what do you think? If you have a cool idea for a cut out on the Derby cover let me see it, or tell me what it is. If you can do this, please PM me with a sample of your work and a price to do the cutting.

I am in the process of doing a different turn signal modification to the rear turn signals and will hopefully have pics posted of the progress soon.

Led's... I don't know a thing about them, never played with them at all, what do I need. I see kits ranging from $12 to $90+ I just want to illuminate the wheels, motor, and some other small accents.

If anyone is a graphic designer and has something cool to put on my Speedo face I would love to see it. I have a pm into BlkM109R, fortunately he is very busy at work (a good thing these days) and am eagerly awaiting anything he has lying around. If you have something I am looking for things that go well with red, obviously.

Rhynosback, is the group buy still going on through Bluegauges.com? if so how do I get in?

The chromed plastics below the radiator, want them done in black, I will also be interested in getting the chrome pieces of the stock air intake painted black. If you are a painter looking for work give me a price shipped back to me (I will pay outgoing shipping) I will be doing a 3M Clear Bra over the radiator parts once painted.

I am going to venture into adding 2 K&N RA-0770 at the top of each Throttle body inlet and have seen the incompleted project from this mod, has anyone seen or heard from this guy? Have you done this mod to your bike? what was the out come?

Since I am going to be eliminating the use for the current air intakes I wanted to keep them there and make them pretty, I have seen some cool ideas (the most recent is drilling 1/4" holes around the bottom) I was thinking of doing that to get some colder air in there and to push this colder air to my intakes I was thinking of installing a 12v fan inside the chrome dome. I just don't know enough about electronics and what the hell I am doing to get that done. Any advice here would be great.

Thank you in advance,

C

·
Radio Active Member
27,688 Posts
Rhynosback, is the group buy still going on through Bluegauges.com? if so how do I get in?

C
Yes it is, it is going till the end of January. Just look in the Maryland chaper to see all the info about it. I will get back to you on the other questions you have in this post.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have the center of my risers cut out and have not seen any sign of weakness.I had them done on a milling machine,I think they look a lot better once you get them cut out and polished.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have the center of my risers cut out and have not seen any sign of weakness.I had them done on a milling machine,I think they look a lot better once you get them cut out and polished.
Thanks man, do you have any pics?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Coloryder, have you started blacking out your bike yet? I remember a post where you were going to get started... Did ya??

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately not, $$ ran out and mod $$ had to be diverted to things like groceries and heat. I am just going to take it slower. still plan to black this thing out tho

1 - 7 of 7 Posts