M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the name or number of the guy that will come to your house and change your tires? I got a nail in mine and the bike has about 500 miles on it. Not happy at all. I'm in the Boston area, any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thats a bummer if You don't have a plug kit & air compreser call AAA. I live SE Mass if Your close I can help out. After its pluged You still might consider a new tire. Good luck:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,655 Posts
I have heard a lot of places will not repair a motorcycle tire. That way they can not get sued if something were to happen. I would just play it on the safe side and replace the tire. I mean you only have two tires and they both need to be perfect.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
never heard of a mobile tire repair if you are going to repair the tire patch it from the inside don't plug it like rynosback said you only have two tires so you may want to play it save good luck.

I had a nail in mine ended pickin up a tire used from a friend (thanks boston) look on the for sale maybe one for sale someone might even just help you out with one hangin around.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Yep, you need to replace your tire, would not trust a repair even IF one was available.
You will find out that tire shops dont want to repair moto tires.
Call a local dealer and speak with them, they might even pickup you bike.
Another option is tow your bike to the dealer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I will prob not ride on a patch or plug. Its more-so that its tough for me to get the bike to where it needs to go to get changed. There was a guy that would show up at your house and change the whole tire right there on the spot for you. With my schedule it would have made life easier. I will prob plug it though just to get it to the shop. The other thing is I really wanted to do the 240 mod to my bike and this will probably set that back unless someone local has a m109 rim and tire available.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
The other thing is I really wanted to do the 240 mod to my bike and this will probably set that back unless someone local has a m109 rim and tire available.
What is this 240 mod you speak of?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have an m90, so I can put the stock m109 wheel and 240 tire on the bike. I'm going to try to find one in the 4 sale section. I just got off the phone with the dealer and they want $270 for the rear. This is insane, I haven't even made my first payment yet.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
try jake wilson.com they have good prices and then ask local dealer if they will match price

1 - 9 of 9 Posts