M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is a repost...

Any of you guys in Vic got any tips for avoiding the new mobile cameras? :cop:

I guess they can only get bikes when they're on the opposite side of the road, and their field of view looks pretty narrow, so if there's traffic in between you & the camera, I think they'll have a hard job getting a shot of your plate.

Obviously I don't condone speeding, I think it's a disgusting habit, but, if for some bizarre reason I happen to find myself doing slightly over the limit (because of a strong tail wind, for example) I'd like to know what my chances of being busted are.

cheers
-E

·
Registered
12 Posts
:D @ strong tail wind!

They usually subtract 2-3 kms off the top for errors, so if you're caught over the limit, you'll be well over.

Mostly, just be aware of ANY vehicle parked at the side of the road, especially the ones with dark tinted windows. Using a large vehicle (anything larger than a mini, probably :D) between you and the camera at the right angle will keep you out of view as well.

The important thing is to be aware, and if you're in a situation where you're unable to notice these guys.... STAY BELOW THE FRIGGIN' SPEED LIMIT!!!
;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts