M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything about Moab was different. From the restaurant where it was hotter inside than outside and the hostess told us we would like it inside much better. To the narrow shape of the town squeezed in between rock formations. And driving thru the park that is too spectacular. When entering the park the elevation goes up real quick and you can look back down over the highway that seems to be a mile down already.

If you ever get to Moab make sure you take the road that runs alongside the Colorado River. Its awesome riding and awesome scenery.

Check out the next 3 pictures. They were taken in the morning as we got ready to leave and within 5 minutes of each other. Check out the color change on the wall. The photos were taken standing in the hotel room door.

The rest are pictures that are taken in Arches National Park. Many of the rock have naturally formed arches that were formed over the years.

·
Registered
256 Posts
great pics ...the rock formations sorta look like from another planet   :D
...kinda like they were sanded off round, by winds over many years...

dont recall the mountains out in west texas lookin like that either....

tc

·
Registered
686 Posts
Welcome to the home state!!! A lot of old western movies were filmed right in that area, including a number of the old John Wayne movies. There are several other parks in Utah that have formations just as nice or even better.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I will post some pics of me in the park on the XX.

We did an annual loop of Utah. next time you are coming let us know and the local chapter can meetyou and take you on a tour.

·
Registered
600 Posts
rideutah said:
Welcome to the home state!!! A lot of old western movies were filmed right in that area, including a number of the old John Wayne movies. There are several other parks in Utah that have formations just as nice or even better.
I'm glad you got to see this little part of the world, Hal.
I agree, Ride. Zion and Bryce Canyon are worth a trip all by themselves and the San Rafael Swell just west of Green River is impressive, also. Next up, if I may make a recommendation, has to be Yosemite and Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Parks in California. I grew up less that 100 miles from those areas. Nothing like it in the world 8)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
AGAIN,spectacular country there too!!!Nice pics,keep'm coming!

·
Registered
752 Posts
I kid you not, anyone coming out give me a PM and I'll play tour guide for a few days.

Even for a BMW sales man, as long as you don't have iDrive on the bike ;)

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
real nice Hal. I went from Dallas TX one year over to the grand canyon then up to Zion Park then across Nevada into Yosemite. From there up north to the redwoods and into oregon, washington. came back down through Idaho then back into Utah past Salt lake and through Arches opposite side from Zion. Man what a trip but my only problem was I did not have my bike(s) with me but did it in a 30' RV! Some serious twisties through some of those in something that big. I found out part of Nevada are just as desolate as west Texas.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Trouble_Is said:
I agree, Ride. Zion and Bryce Canyon are worth a trip all by themselves and the San Rafael Swell just west of Green River is impressive, also. Next up, if I may make a recommendation, has to be Yosemite and Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Parks in California. I grew up less that 100 miles from those areas. Nothing like it in the world 8)
Trouble, you can't ride all the way in Zion. The buses take you the rest of the way unless you are staying in there lodge and get a pass.
Hal, are those pictures from Arches National Park? Have you ridden the Black Hills yet, by Rushmore? Those are some great roads. Then you could take them to Sturges.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Trouble_Is said:
I agree, Ride. Zion and Bryce Canyon are worth a trip all by themselves and the San Rafael Swell just west of Green River is impressive, also. Next up, if I may make a recommendation, has to be Yosemite and Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Parks in California. I grew up less that 100 miles from those areas. Nothing like it in the world 8)
A less known, but equally beautiful area, is Capitol Reef Nat'l Park in South - Central Utah. If you are ever in that area you should look it up. Not nearly as crowded as Zions, Bryce, etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts