M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my Mo-Door garage door opener.....took all of about 30 min, well maybe 45....I wanted it just right. Looks really slick and works as advertised.....opens and closes my garage door once I programmed it (really simple with instructions). I got the Micro Switch with 12" of cable. Put the switch over the "S" on the speedo housing and mounted the controller box behind the speedo (between the neck plastics and the 2 white pins that slide into grommets to hold the front of the speedo housing) as it was small enough to fit there. I like the way it turned out and looks like it's supposed to be there!

No more getting off the 9 to open or close the garage door for me!:D I give it :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:!

This is where I got it, for anyone interested: http://www.mo-door.com/Micro_Waterproof_Switch.html

Attachments

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
I just installed my Mo-Door garage door opener.....took all of about 30 min, well maybe 45....I wanted it just right. Looks really slick and works as advertised.....opens and closes my garage door once I programmed it (really simple with instructions). I got the Micro Switch with 12" of cable. Put the switch over the "S" on the speedo housing and mounted the controller box behind the speedo (between the neck plastics and the 2 white pins that slide into grommets to hold the front of the speedo housing) as it was small enough to fit there. I like the way it turned out and looks like it's supposed to be there!

No more getting off the 9 to open or close the garage door for me!:D I give it :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:!

This is where I got it, for anyone interested: http://www.mo-door.com/Micro_Waterproof_Switch.html
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Haven't seen that set up! I was going to fabricate my circuit board under that spot. I went to things remembered in the mall, and had them make me a chrome piece that fits in that spot that says TORQ.
I have drilled a hole dead center I'm going to have I little rod set on the microswitch, two way tape the chrome TORQ piece in place. So when I tap it that would push the Micro switch just enough to hit the mark and work my garage door.
However it's not waterproof, but would be protected under the big chrome piece. But would be protected under the big chrome piece, but now you got me thinking! How is that set up run, as far as what kind of battery and how is situated?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
How is that set up run, as far as what kind of battery and how is situated?
Battery is internal inside the approx 3"w X 2"t X 1/2"d control box and their website says is good for 4 years. 12" wire run to micro switch (you can get longer or shorter if you need) under the speedo cover. 12" wire was perfect for where I mounted the control box.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I have a Mo-Door also. I opted for the HD push button which I mounted on the side. Most people assume it is a trip odometer reset button. I mounted my box in the same location as you. Mine has been installed since April of 2014. Never had any issues.

Taz

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a Mo-Door also. I mounted my box in the same location as you. Mine has been installed since April of 2014. Never had any issues.

Taz
Good to know, thanks Bro!:bigthumbsup:

I like your install as well.....another good option!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I really need to get this. thanks for the review.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
I have a Mo-Door also. I opted for the HD push button which I mounted on the side. Most people assume it is a trip odometer reset button. I mounted my box in the same location as you. Mine has been installed since April of 2014. Never had any issues.

Taz

Very Nice....Heres my Rendition of A garage door opener....

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Very Nice....Heres my Rendition of A garage door opener....

She look nice......but it don't look like she doin too good a job there Skidder......haha!:D

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More Training :D:D....... And your Remote looks Great,Mind you, your bike is a work of Art so it Better look good ay.:bigthumbsup:
Thanks SKID!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL! Yep, that tricky horn button mod.....I tried it first! After several no responses from the horn mod, I went with the Mo-Door! :D

·
Registered
301 Posts
Me like!!! Can you tell me how you mounted the micro switch over the "S" (tape or glue) and how big of a hole to drill to fit the wire thru?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Me like!!! Can you tell me how you mounted the micro switch over the "S" (tape or glue) and how big of a hole to drill to fit the wire thru?

Thanks
First, I used a razor blade to pry the S badge off. Then I cut a slot from top to bottom thru the center of center of the square where the S goes. This was to slide the micro switch from the bottom of the speedo cover to the top for mounting. At the top of the slot, I used a 1/8" bit and kind of pushed it up with the drill running to make a "half a hole" if that makes sense....just enough for the wire. I used double sided 3M adhesive tape on both sides of the slot I cut to hold the micro switch down. The switch had the adhesive on it already.

Hopes this makes sense....

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
This is an update on the Mo-door garage door opener. This company ROCKS!!

I have had my Mo-door installed on my bike for just over 4 years now. I noticed a couple weeks ago that the range was poor, and that I had to almost touch my tire to the garage door to get my opener to work. I even had to get off my bike and use the keypad once because I couldn't get the door opener to work.

I contacted the company at the end of last week to see about having the battery replaced, or replacing the unit if it was dying. I received an email from E.J., who gave an excellent description of the type of products that might interfere with the openers signal, (LED bulbs, old refrigerators, power strip, etc.). He also said that Mo-door would be happy to service my unit and change the battery, as 4 years is the common end of life for their batteries. In a follow up email I offered to pay for the service, but E.J. refused payment, stating that his customers satisfaction was his number one priority.

For the price of shipping one way, my door opener was serviced and returned. E.J. even covered return shipping.

I received the opener today, and I am happy to say that it will open my garage door from two doors up the street again, just like when it was new.

Kudos to E.J. and Mo-door for their excellent service the way they stand behind their products. Mo-door has a customer for life, and I would encourage anyone with a need for a stand alone garage door or gate opener to look to Mo-door for the best product on the market.

Taz
2012 Suzuki Boulevard M109r

·
Registered
168 Posts
I love my Mo-door as well, Hid it under the left side cover. You'd never even know it was there and it works great. Door is open before I even get to it and I just roll right in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts