M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a little Ice House on the south side. The name of the place is Scooter's. It's located at the corner of Telephone Rd. & Knapp Rd. (key map #615A). I was thinking Thurs. or Fri. around 7ish. They have designated parking for bikes and outdoor seating in view of this area. What ya'll think.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'll have to make the next one. Have a wedding going on Sat. and relatives coming in and all that fun schtuff!

Have a few for ole ConnRadd! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well guys it looks like my ride is going to be down for three to four weeks for mod work. I sent it in yesterday to the shop, to repair a bend on the front wheel. I ran over a 4x4 piece of lumber about a month ago. While it's there the front wheel will be sent to the chrome shop and Kuryakyn grips with stiletto caps will be added. They gave me a down time of a week to a week and a half. Meanwhile, Roberti Customs will be customizing my seat. All of this I would not have started on if I knew the 280 conversion kit was on back order until mid July. Hey thats the way it goes I guess, but I wish Direct Line would have posted that info. Direct Line did send me the side mounted lic plate holder I order with the kit, it arrived yesterday without a wheel to attach it to. I still can't decide on how I want to do the front/rear turn signals yet or what type of pegs. Decisions, decisions, decisions........... Until then you guys ride hard, but safe for me, knowing I wish I could be there leading the pack. Because we all know PLATINUM (silver) is still the fastest 9.

T ROD

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey T look at this way. When your M hits the Boulevard it will be the best looking Silver on the road. 8)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I miss riding already guys. I almost want to go to one of those rent bike places, but I know I want get the same pleasure that the 9 provided.

·
Registered
936 Posts
i'm already jealous T, chrome wheels, new pegs FAT TIRE KIT man that bike is gonna look good. thats ok i'll still ride with ya.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys I picked up my grips 2day and the stilleto ends. I am taking the 9 out of service the 2nd week of July for the paint work and to have the wheels powder coated. I am seriously thinking of going back with a 260 tire. How much $ was your tire Moto? 8)-Z

·
Registered
51 Posts
Z, are you still going to powdercoat them black? Thats going to be bad azz, no one else has thought about gonig in that direction on the wheels. I can't wait to see the paint job too........

Hell Moto, it was a honor for me to just park my ride next to yours.

T ROD

·
Registered
936 Posts
i know this sounds crazy but i bought my 260 at the Honda dealer for i think 230.00 and they charged 35 to put it on. hey if you go riding Saturday call me. 713-894-7472 or maybe we'll go by the Honda dealer and check on the tire.Honda dealer (Bob Lundsford) 45 north exit west rd. on the right.

and T, don't worry man your bike will be out before you know it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know what your saying about other dealers. I picked up my grips from the Yamaha dealer( Houston Motorsports on 59) and I paid the same as if I ordered online. I just didn't have to wait for shipping and I can always return parts if need be locally. I also bought my KBC Force2 helmet locally and saved $20 over the internet price. Always good to save money on the small stuff so you can have more for the go fast parts.
As for cruisin Sat. well the wheather isn't looking real positive, especially if I roll out to the North side, but I'll let you know. L8R-Z

·
Registered
936 Posts
yea, looks like were in for another rainout. i was kinda hoping to meet conrad to, check out his bike.he lives around willow brook and i live in humble about 6 miles from bill's. i guess one of these days we'll all meet up. here in my neighborhood theres about 25 victory bike that meet up and i see'm all riding, it would be nice if we could do that.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Watchin the weather and it looks like it may not be as dreary as forecast. I ll see what it looks like in a few hours and give ya a shout if I decide to ride. 8)-Z

1 - 15 of 15 Posts