M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know I would like to see this group grown like the VTX group but I really have mixed feelings about too many people owning this bike. I think it's kinda cool that there are so few of us right now. :doorag: I guess it will be like the Valkyrie, I had one of the first ones that hit the streets and I had a great time playing with that bike and making it my own and I had a better time making so many friends because of that bike. I can see the same thing happing here too. I guess a man can't have too many friends. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
I hear you Lamont. I was riding with my brother who was on his Honda Shadow. We saw another black M109R and I pointed it out. I guess the other 109'r backtracked and my brother pointed him out and asked, "Is that another 109?" I said I hope not or I'm selling mine. I too have mixed feelings about seeing too many of these bikes on the road.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Lamonster, I feel very similar to you. I have taken a lot of pride in owning something that I see very few of in my area. But, I am glad that several of the people that I ride with are planning on getting one. I will enjoy riding with them when they get their new 109's. I just hope everyone gets different colors and that everyone personalizes each bike to themselves, whatever that may be.

Thanks for the website too!

G

·
either way we win... More people means more aftermarket attention and more toys, less people means more exclusivity... :bigthumbsup:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
the fewer there are the more mystery that surrounds it. If people don't ever see them they become like mythical creatures.....and it helps resale value. Not that I would ever sell mine

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
There is a big bike rally going on here in AR now. Last night was the opening night and there were several thousand bikes everywhere... I saw only 1 other 109 (Black) and had mixed feelings... On one hand I was excited and wanted to flip a -U- to talk to the owner, on the other hand I was bummed not to be the only one there with a 109...

Of course being one of 2 in several thousand is still pretty cool!
Besides, he was on the slower black one...  :joke:
:doorag:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Having the first of anything can be a mixed blessing. Exclusivity for awhile, rareness, etc. You also need imagination to make it your own when there is nothing available for it. I think that is better anyway, the things that get done to it are truly original! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
The more the merrier. I never thought about being the only one. Besides they look AWSOME!! going down the road. I like to see them

Sledzep

·
Registered
476 Posts
At this point I'm not to worried, called the assistant service manager at the dealer where I got the bike to ask a question, told him it was an M109R, to which he responded "whats that" very scary, if they don't know, the general public definetly won't know.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Your gonna see more of them around. It really doesn't make any difference. Each bike is a little(or allot) diffrent than the next one. The Corvette Owners Club has tons of vettes in their events,and no one really cares. It's what individuals do to each one that makes them diffrent. I don't think it will ever be as bad as owning a Harley. Just like your brothers,and uncles,and cousins,ect. All of them are "production models" so if you want something diffrent,just start modifying it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lamont,

With the modifications you have on your 109 you are infact different. I doubt if there are any machines out there that look like yours, or JR's and a few others. Personalize it and modify the %$^& out of it.

JusMe

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I agree that being exclusive is great but as with many new products, sometimes there is that group of people ,of which I am one that has been waiting for this kind of unique machine. Sport cruiser...who could ask for more. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Right now it's not too bad. I mean of all the motorcycle owners in this world there are only a few thousand 109s out there right now. What really gets me is that right when I'm thinking that I have a pretty rare bike to show off around town, this guy Lamont, has to come out to San Diego and win a Best of Show at the bike show just down the street from my house. Now that sucks. :joke:

·
Registered
211 Posts
I still have not seen a 109 in my area (upstate NY) its cool that there are few of the 109 around, you stand out in the pack.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
eire1965 said:
Right now it's not too bad. I mean of all the motorcycle owners in this world there are only a few thousand 109s out there right now. What really gets me is that right when I'm thinking that I have a pretty rare bike to show off around town, this guy Lamont, has to come out to San Diego and win a Best of Show at the bike show just down the street from my house. Now that sucks. :joke:
:bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I don't have mixed feelings at all. I wanna have the only one in town!!! LOL!
Actually, I have the only black cherry one in the world that I know of, so that's a start.
I think there's only one other one around, and it's silver. :doorag:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Hi Lamont,

I think there are gonna be a whole sh$itload of 109's/1800's on the
road....when ya think of what bike ya get for the money it's a no-brainer :D

Over here there's a waitin list, my dealer has already sold three, the
last one to me and iffen I had not reserved it woulda gone to one of
the other two guys that wanted to buy it.....he's gettin another one
next month and I think thats sold as well (they have only been available
over here for the last couple of months)

What I'm tryin to say is.....with the bang ya get for the $$$$ with this it
is not gonna be rare thing...ya gotta go Hoss-Boss to get excusive :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts