M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is guys I went for a short ride today and all was well, till on the way home. My bike was running smooth then all the sudden it started missing when I went past 1/4 throttle at half throttle and beyond it misses and stalls let off the gas and picks back up. It pops and cracks? Idle or 1/4 throttle runs fine. Any thoughts? Stock bike 12,000miles. Plugs? Fuel filter? I'm fixin to start looking.

·
Registered
74 Posts
start with the fuel filter. also, if you've done any work to the bike under the tank check connections. sometimes things can get pulled loose.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yep... Fuel Filter. It could be something else but the smart money is on the Fuel Filter.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I don't want to jack your thread but I just got back also from about a 60mi ride with the wife (she does not ride with me very often) and I had the same problem. I have 17k on a 07 with pc111 and cobra drags/kn's filter though. I see my back pipe is big time black inside. (running rich) on rear cilinder and missing like crazy. To hot outside right now but will first check the connectors I have heard so much about that come from the pc111 to the injectores. The shop installed it 2ys ago so I'm thinking that might be my problem. :dontknow: Hope we both get them running like they should be.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep sure enough it was the pre-filter:cus:
I was supposed to ride the skyway and the dragon tomorrow with jd and his dad on there way home from the meet.Of all times:edit:!!!! I went ahead and pulled the plugs while I was in there and going to change them as well. Wonder how long it'll take to get that strainer????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts