M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that follow the board you know that my bike is in pieces and will be that way for a while.

After I got home from our big trip I didn't want to be on a bike. I was just worn out. So taking the bike in for its mods wasn't a big deal.

But this morning the weather here is perfect, temps have dropped and I sure miss being able to jump on the bike.

The good part is that when I get the bike back it should be able to put a bigger smile on my face.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hal, I know what you mean. I went with my old GSXR1100 laid up in the garage for several years not wanting to spend the money to fix it because it was so uncomfortable for a big guy to ride. I finally in May broke down and bought my blurple 109 and there have been very few days that I have not rode it at least a little (5000 miles already). As soon as the extra cash comes in, I will be ordering some parts for mods also. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But part of me says to go buy another one.

But I wouldn't even suggest it to the wife. Women are so unpredictable. There is a small chance that she would say to go ahead and get it (as she wants a house up in the Carolinas) or she could just start throwing things. Its a tough call. And either way I lose.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really want it for Daytona in three weeks. But it is in the hands of the Motorcycle Gods.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
J R said:
Hal, you'll be in Daytona whether the bikes ready or not wont ya ? I'm counting on meeting ya there and look forward to it.Heck ill let ya use my bike if ya ain't got one and wanna take a cruise if yours ain't done :doorag:
I plan on being up there. But its kind of wannabee to show up in a car so I will have to come up with another alternative.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If this bike was available and I could pick it up today I would do it:

2007 Honda VTEC Interceptor with ABS brakes

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I feel for ya Hal, I've only been away from my bike for a week and I'm already wishing I could ride... Bit cold for it here in the Bay area right now tho.. least for a Texas boy.. I would prefer 80's and 90's to ride in, not 50's and 60's.. brrrrrr

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hal
doesn't your shop need a demo bike to display all or some of those new parts u sell
tax write off and it's not really "your " bike either lol

Bruce

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its not really a tax write-off. Its just another item that becomes an expense that the company has to pay. So we are careful how we do that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
But part of me says to go buy another one.

But I wouldn't even suggest it to the wife. Women are so unpredictable. There is a small chance that she would say to go ahead and get it (as she wants a house up in the Carolinas) or she could just start throwing things. Its a tough call. And either way I lose.
easy solution, buy one for your wife! while your bike is down, sweet talk her into letting you ride it all the time :p

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hal,you know the saying: No guts,No glory :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Hal,

You could always go to Biketoberfest with me, I'll let you ride on the back, but we all know what thats called .....lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
Its not really a tax write-off. Its just another item that becomes an expense that the company has to pay. So we are careful how we do that kind of stuff.
hal, if ya wore a Company logo'd T-shirt while riding to n from work, couldnt that be a tax write off if ya were leasing the advertisement vehicle back to the company ?  :D

just trying to help ya out here  :dontknow:

tc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts