M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all does anyone of any solution to the miss shift problem on 2nd gear. I t only happens from 1st to 2nd.

Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
When I first got my bike I had that problem. I read the boards here and applied what I learned. First thing I did was "pre-load" the shifter which is putting a small amount of pressure on the gear shifter while the clutch is still out then make your shift. Also I thought about shifting when I did it. Meaning I didn't just lift my foot up, I focused and concentrated on it. It will get easier and smoother just as mine did. Lastly, when I changed my oil to full synthetic Mobil1 4T it made it extremely quiet and easier to shift.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
shifting

Mine did the same when I first got the bike it had 1100 miles.... now has 4000 miles.... I changed the oil to synthic amsoil at 2800.... as soon as I changed the oil shifts like a dream..... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Shift it like you mean it. Boots help and the more miles you put on her the better it gets. It will never just click into 2nd but it does get better with time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts