M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been tring to figure out why i am having this miss at cruising at light accleration. bike seem to act like a car with a bad plug wire.I have change fuel filter, check wire to my B&B computor,also swap B&B, but no better. My exhaust has been gutted,an i just replace header gasket.I also replace my plugs,my plug when remove did not look bad a blownish color,I also notice that when i pull the thottle with clutch pull the bike seems to pop like a pistol.Has anyone have had this problem.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Are you using TRE or GiPro? I was having a miss usually noticable around 3000 rpm's in lower gears until I installed GiPro...I did same thing...checked plugs,etc...all were fine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JSD

Are you using TRE or GiPro? I was having a miss usually noticable around 3000 rpm's in lower gears until I installed GiPro...I did same thing...checked plugs,etc...all were fine.
I did have the jsd on i took it off awhile back when i start noticing that the bike was'nt running right. The JSD, seem as if a lot of people have had problem with them,I may upgrade to Gipro.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,958 Posts
I also notice that when i pull the thottle with clutch pull the bike seems to pop like a pistol.Has anyone have had this problem.
Can you explain exactly what you are doing when it pops? If you sit and rev it a few times it will sometimes backfire through the intake. The throttle bodies admit air more quickly than they do fuel, and revving it quickly a few times will lean it out enough to make it pop.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you explain exactly what you are doing when it pops? If you sit and rev it a few times it will sometimes backfire through the intake. The throttle bodies admit air more quickly than they do fuel, and revving it quickly a few times will lean it out enough to make it pop.
I hold the acclerator at 2000 3000 no reving, an you can see the tach jumping an getting a popihg sound like firing a pistol out the exhaust.

·
Registered
86 Posts
After fire

It's called AFTER FIRE, which is either a rich mixture that burns so slow that it finishes after the exhaust valve is open or your exhaust valve is not seating good or is already burnt:'( Based on how you read the spark plugs it's not a rich mixture!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts