M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advise as where to get the little rubber busings that hold the gas tank to the frame? I also need a single screw. Most Suzuki OEM parts web sites give me a price of like $6 for these items (steep, but ok, I guess), but then want $19 for shipping items that would fit in a letter-sized envelope...

TIA.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Any advise as where to get the little rubber busings that hold the gas tank to the frame? I also need a single screw. Most Suzuki OEM parts web sites give me a price of like $6 for these items (steep, but ok, I guess), but then want $19 for shipping items that would fit in a letter-sized envelope...

TIA.
i need those also suzuki is to dang high

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
You should be able to order those parts through your dealer. If you pick it up at the dealer then there is no shipping charge. If you go to your local dealer's website they should have an online parts microfiche that you can order the parts from.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should be able to order those parts through your dealer. If you pick it up at the dealer then there is no shipping charge. If you go to your local dealer's website they should have an online parts microfiche that you can order the parts from.
Yeah, I guess. Except my dealer's online prices for the tank bumpers is $2 higher than everyone else. That puts me at $10 for a rubber bushing and a screw. Call me silly, but that, to me, is crossing the line.

I guess I am not going to win this one...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yeah, I guess. Except my dealer's online prices for the tank bumpers is $2 higher than everyone else. That puts me at $10 for a rubber bushing and a screw. Call me silly, but that, to me, is crossing the line.

I guess I am not going to win this one...
Just like anything else for bikes or cars. They have the market cornered so buck up and pay the money or waste time lookin. I would rather be riding than worrying about $12.00

·
Registered
192 Posts
I went to my dealer for an oil change and told the service manager that I was missing one of the rubber bushings. They changed both while they were changing the oil and charged me $0 for them. I also needed the black plastic pushpins and they sold me like 6 of them for like $2. Try going to your dealer and asking how much. Couldn't hurt to try.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If your that cheep maybe you can find a chuck of rubber and cut one out yourself(lmao). btw i got one in my shop ill send to you for 11.75.:joke:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
just stop by a local automotive shop and ask for a old shock absorber top bushing , it works good :bigthumbsup:

alittle gorilla snot helps hold it on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts