M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is where my bike is on mileage:

6084.6 for the total time the bike was gone from South Florida. Arizona to Sturgis to Richmond, VA to Indy to South Florida.

11133.0 since Lamont burned out the tire on the brand new bike back in late May

This is what the trip looks like on a map:

·
Registered
277 Posts
If I remember correctly from one of the other threads, a dealer told a fellow rider "the oil light will come on when it's time..."  :eek:  :eek:  :eek: 

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Candingo said:
just before your clutch starts slipping because you mixed different grades of gas.....
I will bet I have had 6 or 7 different grades of gas in it on this trip. Even got a couple of different of the ethanol blends when we were up in Wyoming and Montana (I think thats where it was).

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
That makes me feel like I've been slacking.......... only got 4000 on mine ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ride on veteran. You are the mileage king for the M109. Great miles, beautiful sights, and unforgettable experiences. :a18: :a18: :a18: :a18:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll bet that someone out there has a lot more than me. I would bet I am just average on the miles driven. There are hard core guys that will do 100,000 a year on a bike.

·
Registered
230 Posts
:eek: 100,000 a year??? Really??? Man I suck... ::)

·
Registered
211 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
I'll bet that someone out there has a lot more than me. I would bet I am just average on the miles driven. There are hard core guys that will do 100,000 a year on a bike.
Dam 100,000 miles a year thats hard to believe. Thats 275 miles (rounding up) per day. If there are people out there that rider 100,000 miles per year, hey more power to them . The most i can ride in a year is like 4,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Honestly I've done 150,000mi yr in an 18 wheeler many times, but I couldn't imagine doing 100,000 a yr on a bike :yikes: .......................... those guys fit the term "hardcore" :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
600 Posts
I've done 8,500 miles in 4 months - without leaving the state :eek: I wish I could ride year-round but it ain't happenin' around here in the winter :mad:

·
Registered
231 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
P.S. When should I change the oil?
I use a clean flow method... before I ride, the drain plugs are slightly loose to allow the old oil and sediment to leak out while riding. I top up with 3 quarts of Amsoil every time I gas up.

It's synthetic oil so the engine is protected. I saw that commercial where they drained the oil out of the engine and it runs a long long time so I think as long as I have even half a quart, I'm way ahead...

...and with new oil all the time my engine will last forever. :doorag:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Hal,

Looking at the map of your travels, it looks like you went through St. Louis. Did you stop anywhere or only see the arch as you passed by? :doorag:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hal I think your officially the long haul rider for this forum :bigthumbsup:
I only have 2k on mine (3 months worth of riding).... But i live in georgia and can ride year round so 8) :doorag: (oh yeah, i used to live in ohio and rode year round... not by choice, but still did.... so you can up there if ya want to :D )

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I worked with a guy at my last job that wouldn't get in a car to drive to work unless the weather was just absolutely impossible to ride in (he showed up on him bike with ice on the roads once, that was impressive), at any rate, he said the most he'd ever done was 75,000 a year and his bike had over 400,000 miles on it. Anyone that rides more than that is either too hard-core or they live somewhere with perfect riding weather 24/7/365.25.

Great ride you had there Hal! Thanks to you and Lamont for the pictures so we could live it thru you. Inspired me to go buy a nice digital camera so I could do the same if I ever get the chance to ride mine :(

8) Ride Safe, mind the june bugs

·
Registered
244 Posts
I put 7030 on my black '06 from April til August and I have 1500 on my '07 since August 11th.. NO PROBLEMS whatsoever!! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts