M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first 9, 2006 with 35000 miles, completely stock.
I was wondering if I have anything to worry about if I start modding it.
Plans are for RoadBurner exhaust, K&N Filters, PC5, de-beaver, GI-Pro.
The man I bought it from was an older man and was told he maintained it every 3000 miles.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
So where does your concern lye? Go for it!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Main concern was had a friend with a 09 and he told me to watch what i did cause it was not broke in with the parts. And to be careful trying to get more HP out of a used motor.

Thanks for the Help.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Main concern was had a friend with a 09 and he told me to watch what i did cause it was not broke in with the parts. And to be careful trying to get more HP out of a used motor.

Thanks for the Help.
Can't say as I have ever heard that one before. Honestly, I don't see it being a problem. You're not going to see a huge HP increase w/ what you are planning on doing. Go for it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts

Thanks for the Help.
i don't see any reason for you to have any concern or worries about modding your bike. only thing i would recommend is to be sure that the fuel rail recall was performed on that year bike. it was for the 2006's only. if it was performed then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

good luck with your mods. be sure to post some pictures when you get done......that is if you ever get done. mods can be quite addicting. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
i don't see any reason for you to have any concern or worries about modding your bike. only thing i would recommend is to be sure that the fuel rail recall was performed on that year bike. it was for the 2006's only. if it was performed then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

good luck with your mods. be sure to post some pictures when you get done......that is if you ever get done. mods can be quite addicting. :bigthumbsup:
This is the recall mentioned above:bigthumbsup:

http://www.jsdproducts.com/m109/Tech_Bull/asmc_005925.pdf

·
Registered
214 Posts
:congrats::congrats:.....be sure you post pics!!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,874 Posts
Are we talking mods and ride it fairly sensibly or are we talking mods and run the hell out of it? I mean you don't put a blower on a stock 57 chevy. Lot of miles but us old guys ain't as inclined to hot rod to much. I just hammer it every so often to feel the torque. Exhilarates my loins. Can't get and HD freaks to run me. Every time I pass the bar they hold up a beer. :doorag:
At 35,000 miles I would mod it and run the hell out of it. This ain't no 57 chevy engine. :D

·
Registered
195 Posts

I have a used 06 and no issues. i got it at 2700 miles and the only thing i ran into was a snapped clutch cable. i'm sure it happens on all bikes, but no prob since. get it and ride on. i got the beast last march and am on 25,000+ miles. the most i have done besides mods is oil change and just changed out the plugs and shaft fluid. So ride on

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
At 35,000 miles I would mod it and run the hell out of it. This ain't no 57 chevy engine. :D
Darn skippy!!! This suzuki vtwin isnt even fully broke in yet till somewhere over 20 thousand...Reminds me of a big block Mopar-Power grows with the mileage:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
423 Posts
You should be ok with most of that but I wouldnt shave the beaver on anything over 20k. That's just asking for trouble.:congrats:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
welcome from milwaukee wis.

:congrats: on your new found torque and if you do any air mods you will need a Pc3 I also suggest you go with a Gipro you wont regret it.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
534 Posts
2006 Mods

I have an older 9, 2006 with 35,000 kms on it. There was a recall from Suzuki regarding the fuel delivery pipe in 2006/2007. Once that was taken care of, ran perfectly. I have been using synthetics since I got it...always willing to put fresh fluids in it. :bigthumbsup: I really think these bikes are simply made to keep going and going.
If your bike is a 2006, I think you have to go with the power commander III, not the pcV.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts