M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a small issue with my 9 today,thought i broke a clutch cable! ended up being the bolt that holds the lower clutch cable bracket. ended up using one of the side cover bolts to get me home. went to home depot got new bolts loc tite and lock washers. all is good now! figured i would pass this on,this happened at a very busy place. it was no fun trying to limp the bike to somewhere to work on it.
i guess this is my thanks for paying it off early! lol

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
Good to know, I believe this is the first report on this happening. Had you just had it off recently for doing a mod?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no never touched this particular bolt. i'm glad it happened close to home. i had the wife on here way to get me with my trailer but i got it fixed to ride home. kind of amazing went to missouri and back no problems, drive 20 miles from the house and have problems go figure!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
Thanks for telling us Scott. I had mine off when I replaced the clutch cable and I think I took it off when I put the shift kit in it too. Might check it anyway.

I guess that happening 20 miles from home is like most accidents happening within 3 miles from home. I read that and moved. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts