M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rigpilot and I are going down to the Mid-Atlantic meet on June 24-27 (thursday-sunday) in Staunton Virginia.

I'm posting this to see if any other guys also want to go with us down to the meet. Let us know if you are wanting to go as well.

We will be leaving from Rig's place in Milton early Thursday morning the 27th, and riding all day to arrive at the hotel in the evening. We will be staying and going on the rides for friday and saturday, and then leaving to come home Sunday morning the 30th, arriving back home on Sunday night.

Should be a pretty crazy time down there. Over 100 109's will be there, and it will be a chance to finally shake hands with many of the guys you see on here posting regularily. (and some pretty nice bikes too)

Anyone who wants to go, post here or send me a pm to let me know.

Heres the link to the details: http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118355

·
Registered
508 Posts
Dates

Your dates are wrong !
Turn your calender over to june. The dates are the 23rd to the 27th !

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your dates are wrong !
Turn your calender over to june. The dates are the 23rd to the 27th !
LOL! These dates are the dates that I am able to be there. I can't stay for the week unfortunately, but I'm there for a good time, not a long time.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kayle, [email protected] has mentioned some interest in going. Any other interested guys out there? Let me know asap as we need to get the hotel room accomodations figured out today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
271 Posts
OK so its the 24th -27th have you really got to get that picky? I think people get the idea....:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
BTW, for anyone interested, it works out to $40 per night x 3 nights = $120 based on 2 to a room. The only extras are food (200 approx--50/day) and gas(100 approx--$6-10 per fillup depending on how empty you are). Around 400 or so is all this trip should cost you. Pretty cheap for an event like this.

i might be a little high on the gas and food, depending what and how much you like to eat, lol! (ps...gas in usa is much cheaper, thanks to those money grubbing bastards that run our country)

2.40 per gallon! vs .97 per litre = 3.79l x .97 = $3.68 per gallon cdn

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Can we ship our bikes down with Rig..:clap2:..i'll fly....Your not leavin yourself alot of time for bad weather..:dontknow:....Your talkin 30 hours in the saddle in 4 days..:yikes:.don't know if my ass can handle that????

·
Registered
531 Posts
Can we ship our bikes down with Rig..:clap2:..i'll fly....Your not leavin yourself alot of time for bad weather..:dontknow:....Your talkin 30 hours in the saddle in 4 days..:yikes:.don't know if my ass can handle that????
Rain what rain....:dontknow::dontknow:. It's 10 hours from Ft. Erie in my truck so i figured pretty close for the bike( I don't have to stop for fuel...250 gallons good to go the round trip) so with the fuel/food stop should be close..:bigthumbsup:

Cheers
Rig

·
Registered
508 Posts
!

See you there, were trailering.
Nice to see canadian 9'ers participating !

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I figure 12-13 hours door to door each way from my place in whitby. I've done those rides before, and yes there's a little bit of monkey butt involved near the end of the day, but that's what a motorcycle trip is all about, lol. The 9 seat is actually pretty comfortable on a ride like that.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[email protected] (kayle) and myself have confirmed everything, and booked the hotel. We are going down to this bad boy!

Will be trailering the bikes down to the meet in kyles 16 foot trailer. Should make for a faster trip. We are going to split the trip in 2 parts by doing 5 hours on wednesday evening, and then pulling in to the hotel around lunchtime on thursday.

Can't wait to meet all the guys and see those bikes in person! We make the total number of bikes count = 106- 9's going to the meet. Holy Cow!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yes I am looking forward to seeing how nice a 109 can look :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
[email protected] (kayle) and myself have confirmed everything, and booked the hotel. We are going down to this bad boy!

Will be trailering the bikes down to the meet in kyles 16 foot trailer. Should make for a faster trip. We are going to split the trip in 2 parts by doing 5 hours on wednesday evening, and then pulling in to the hotel around lunchtime on thursday.

Can't wait to meet all the guys and see those bikes in person! We make the total number of bikes count = 106- 9's going to the meet. Holy Cow!
Now that's the way to go..!!!..I'm jealous..Should be a blast..Thats a s--tload of 9's....and now you can fill the trailer with some real beer!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm stoked, I will have a hard time sleeping tonight for sure..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts