M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The number of 109's are growing here in Michigan. Is there any Michiganders interested in meeting at least once this year before the riding season ends?

·
Registered
844 Posts
I'm in the U.P (Marquette).

There's a ride forming (I THINK -- it's a work in progress) -- up in the Green Bay area

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=4303.0

Michigan riders who are anywhere near Luddington could take the ferry to Mantowoc.

My problem with a ride in Lower MI (or even the U.P.) is that there are such great rides to be had in other places. I was hoping to make it down to the Blue Ridge Parkway/Skyline Drive (Virginia/ N.C.) before the snow flies -- would probably trailer a good part of the way down.

I'd like to stay in the loop though -- in case you guys put something together.

"Jearbear" is in Lansing, but I'm pretty sure he's having major back surgery around about now.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Wanted to mention that I saw a 109 in Saugatuck MI a couple of weeks ago -- but I was in my Land Rover and couldn't catch up.

Was that you?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey nester, I think i saw your bike in royal oak a couple times at bike night. I had my coors light busa up there. i havent seen to many 109's around my area yet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Might not be something that we can do this year, but a trip around Lake Michigan would be great. Each one of us could meet up on the ride as it goes around. I guess something to think about for next year. I would imagine we would be able to pick up a lot of us on a ride like that.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Earldaddyo: That sounds like a good plan. It still COULD be done this year if others are into it.

·
Registered
844 Posts
It looks like the Green Bay ride is on for September 30/Oct 1:

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=4303.0

Anybody who wants to cross over from Luddington, MI., to Manitowoc, WI on the ferry would be more than welcome. All riders invited, doesn't have to be a 109 thing.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, Michiganders. We have some interest developing. What say we meet somewhere that would be equal distance, or close for all of us, for the first eyeball contact and drool.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Jay109 said:
Count me in if I can make it. I'm in the Grand Rapids area and not seen another 109 on the road yet.
I ride downtown all the time.. I'm in for a ride keep us updated before it snows. :D

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
big 396 what do you set your shock to? no offense, just trying to reference for myself.

·
Registered
94 Posts
bad109 said:
big 396 what do you set your shock to? no offense, just trying to reference for myself.
I think 4 was stock? I'm at 5. It was at 6 but that was to much :eek: I always crank up the spring pressure on my snow bike's (snowmobile). Kinda supprised that 1 click did that much to the 109. no prob thats why i bought this bike, it was the only one i sat on that didn't feel like a yz 80 8)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lansing area here just got my 109 April 2007 i hope everyone is enjoying them as much as i am, anyone close or active plans to check out a ride?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts