M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys just got the call my tire is in.Taking my front rim in tommorrow to get it mounted and I know Metz recommends mounting in reverse directional rotation for the front.Now do I do that when its mounted or is it just a simple matter of flipping the rim 180 degrees and mounting rim reverse from what it was.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Do it when the tire gets mounted on the rim. Running your rim backwards will look silly, since the spokes will be facing backwards.

-Josh

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Ok guys just got the call my tire is in.Taking my front rim in tommorrow to get it mounted and I know Metz recommends mounting in reverse directional rotation for the front.Now do I do that when its mounted or is it just a simple matter of flipping the rim 180 degrees and mounting rim reverse from what it was.
Mounted in reverse direction comes right from metz as you know. But if you flip the rim around on a stock wheel the spokes will be running the wrong way and will not match your rear wheel. Mark the wheel and mount it back up the same way.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DUH!Why did i not notice that myself.Good thing I asked the question.Thanks for the input guys.Should look fat all round soon.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the tire mounted to day and with my 260 on the back it looks sweet.Took it for a burn up to 160k to make sure they gotthe balance right and it feels fine.
Feels lighter to steer now and I am running 46psi in the tire.The mentzer catalogue I have says minimum pressure to be 44psi and max 50 psi for this particular tire.I guess I better use that window as my guide.Do not want any strange cupping to happen.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Got the tire mounted to day and with my 260 on the back it looks sweet.Took it for a burn up to 160k to make sure they gotthe balance right and it feels fine.
Feels lighter to steer now and I am running 46psi in the tire.The mentzer catalogue I have says minimum pressure to be 44psi and max 50 psi for this particular tire.I guess I better use that window as my guide.Do not want any strange cupping to happen.
good to see you decided to keep her, we need to get together for a rip, I'm sure little 260 will be jealous of my new 280 :p

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to hear from ya Niner.I have not seen you out this year yet.I am sure you have been.Did a rip up to Hope a couple weks ago.Alone.Was fun to be out again though.Yea I had a couple enquires on the bike but decided after looking around at other bikes to ride her for another season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts