M109 Rider Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
303 Posts
Awesome! I’m up in the country but closest towns are fort St. John and Dawson creek.
Ya def gonna go with the cruisetecs I think they seem to be a straight upgrade from the 888s from what I’ve been able to glean
I'm in Camrose so we're in the same "neck of the woods" as you and Sledge. I put on a set of Avon Cobra Chrome's two seasons ago. They make the factory size rear and front tire for the M109R's. I went with a 250 on the rear since the 240 wasn't available at the time. So far, they have been great tires compared to the factory, but I don't have enough mileage on them to be a good judge of their longevity. I ride mostly in Central AB and am 2-up a lot of the time. The tires feel nice and firm and grip the road well, even in the rain. I had ordered them online and had them installed by a local shop. I've ordered form both Fortnine and Pete's Superbike in the past with good results. I also had a set of Avon Cobra's on my M90 before it broke. I would defiantly get the Avon's again.

· Registered
14 Posts
I'm in Camrose so we're in the same "neck of the woods" as you and Sledge. I put on a set of Avon Cobra Chrome's two seasons ago. They make the factory size rear and front tire for the M109R's. I went with a 250 on the rear since the 240 wasn't available at the time. So far, they have been great tires compared to the factory, but I don't have enough mileage on them to be a good judge of their longevity. I ride mostly in Central AB and am 2-up a lot of the time. The tires feel nice and firm and grip the road well, even in the rain. I had ordered them online and had them installed by a local shop. I've ordered form both Fortnine and Pete's Superbike in the past with good results. I also had a set of Avon Cobra's on my M90 before it broke. I would defiantly get the Avon's again.
Ya found those interesting too. I like the idea of the dual compound from the cruisetec so I think I will give those a try first then maybe go with the chromes after. See what kind of difference I feel

· Registered
3 Posts
I used to have ME880s then ME888s now Cruisetec 160/260.
I didn't notice much difference in durability between 880s & 888s but the Cruisetec seems to be longer lasting. I have 7.5k miles on current set of Cruisetec and still plenty of tread left ,about another 1k miles I guess, in UK we have a minimum legal tread depth of 1mm across whole tyre but I tend to replace before that

21 - 24 of 24 Posts