M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no interest in recreating the drama of the prior thread with questions on the titled topic, but thought I could wrap up the issue with this picture:

Note my 9 in the background.

It has a 160 Metz rear tire mounted on the front, running against the directional arrows.

Note the Harley in the foreground.

It has a Metz 130 front tire mounted, running in the indicated direction.

Now, the Harley's Metz is a little worn and has actually been replaced since the picture, but look at the tread on the two tires.

Note that the 160 mounted backwards has exactly the same tread pattern as the 130 mounted forwards.

So, there is no legitimate question as to any differences between water handling abilities because you are comparing two identical tread patterns.

Why do I run my 160 backwards? Because Metz says to, that simple.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have no interest in recreating the drama of the prior thread with questions on the titled topic, but thought I could wrap up the issue with this picture:

It has a 160 Metz rear tire mounted on the front, running against the directional arrows.

Now, the Harley's Metz is a little worn and has actually been replaced since the picture, but look at the tread on the two tires.

Note that the 160 mounted backwards has exactly the same tread pattern as the 130 mounted forwards.

So, there is no legitimate question as to any differences between water handling abilities because you are comparing two identical tread patterns.

Tread pattern???!?!? TREAD PATTERN??!?!?

:edit: It took me 10 minutes to even see the bikes.........

·
Registered
250 Posts
What tread pattern? What tire size? I like the long forks attached to the 4" black kick stands!! :drool: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I run my 160/60 with the arrows 8500 mile No prob.:bigthumbsup:
Good for you.

I would just rather have someone to sue if it ever causes problems, so I will stick to the instruction from the manufacture.

Other than that and the reversed rear pattern being the same as their front pattern, I have no other information to go on.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
what tires? There"s bikes in the pic i didn't see either.I also run mine in the reverse rotation.

G

·

I'd ride her mounted in reverse :D

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I'd ride her mounted in reverse :D
:agree:

OK, so since your bike is in the pic and no one asked, who is the hottie in the picture?:dontknow:

Interesting comparison/point made on the tire though.:bigthumbsup:

G

·
:agree:

OK, so since your bike is in the pic and no one asked, who is the hottie in the picture?:dontknow:

Interesting comparison/point made on the tire though.:bigthumbsup:
Guess I should of added "no offence if this is your hottie" :joke:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Guess I should of added "no offence if this is your hottie" :joke:
Well, if she was, why is she straddling the Harley and not the 9?:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
401 Posts

What he Said!

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Still waiting, whose lovely lady is she?:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Still waiting, whose lovely lady is she?:dontknow:
Did you follow the link to the thread on the photo shoot?

She is just some model.

I have no idea who's lady she is.

She was single at the shoot and there was just way too much potential for marital trouble to dig any deeper.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Naaa, I didn't look. Smokin lil unit though. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts