M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a post on the TexasXriders board that the Metric TV road show is making a stop at Hooters in Grapevine tonight (Thurs) and will interview local custom builder Jason Fyffe. Time listed is from 7-10pm.
I haven't been able to confirm it, but I figured it might be worth the trip just in case it's true. I'll be there between 7:30 and 8:00

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, they were there, but you didn't miss anything. The custom builder brought a bike out, but there wasn't a metric piece on it. Don't get me wrong, It was a sharp bike (not rideable), but if you are promoting a metric bike show, don't you think you would show some metrics?

Otherwise, very little turn-out, but did have 3 or 4 guys checking out the 109 and asking questions. I love my silver beauty. :doorag:

·
Registered
133 Posts
did any of you go to Sneaky petes on saturday? was a great turn out-mostly yamaha though. cant wait till Wild Card Customs unvails their Stratoliner(its in for paint now) as for those bikes are not ridable? WTF? the bike with the big fat tire of the back, with the skulls on the gas tank, and air ride is about damn near a daily rider. Did you all see the blue bike with the Triumph motor? that was pretty sweet!

on a side note the bikes ARE metric, sure they wont be going on any 1000k rides but that isnt the point of the Metric Revolution series. it is to show off the talents of metric builders. some that i think that turn out better products than most of the american builders. is nice to see Jaxon Fyffe of Wild card customs honored like this,  weather or not you like the works of art shown.

i do agree that the metric revolutions series or the "filming" is a bit off though......was a bit dissapointed with the lack of advertising. but wont complain that i got interviewed for 5 minutes though over my ride......

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SLOPOKE said:
did any of you go to Sneaky petes on saturday? was a great turn out-mostly yamaha though. cant wait till Wild Card Customs unvails their Stratoliner(its in for paint now) as for those bikes are not ridable? WTF? the bike with the big fat tire of the back, with the skulls on the gas tank, and air ride is about damn near a daily rider. Did you all see the blue bike with the Triumph motor? that was pretty sweet!

on a side note the bikes ARE metric, sure they wont be going on any 1000k rides but that isnt the point of the Metric Revolution series. it is to show off the talents of metric builders. some that i think that turn out better products than most of the american builders. is nice to see Jaxon Fyffe of Wild card customs honored like this, weather or not you like the works of art shown.

i do agree that the metric revolutions series or the "filming" is a bit off though......was a bit dissapointed with the lack of advertising. but wont complain that i got interviewed for 5 minutes though over my ride......
I never said I didn't like the one work of art that was at the Hooters event (I didn't go to the one at Sneaky Pete's) but it was not a Metric, it was 100% custom except for the motor, forks and S&S motor. And Wildcard even said the bike was never ridden. This was the bike that they took to Daytona it was called amorpheous or something like that. I saw one other bike by them there and it was a Harley. I'm not dissing the talent of the builder, he appears to have tremendous talent, I just had my heart on seeing some cool metrics and there weren't any, at least not at the Hooters on Thurs....

·
Registered
133 Posts
true some were full blown harley customs. i didnt go to the hooters so not sure what bikes they had there, and i do recall the bike you mentioned there as well. we are probably talking about 2 different bikes.

and i know what you mean by being a bit dissapointed in the metrics there. there was a crap load of bikes at sneaky petes but only like 4 blown customs, 2 of witch were metrics.... when is the TV show suppose to air?

i do like this guy who is going to be on the show as well, his name is Tommy Graves his site is http://www.tommygraves.com he has one sweet tricked out warrior. he is also on the www.rswarrior.com site under TTbone. some better pics of his previous build is there as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts