M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met Mike (NTRUDE) at Deals Gap yesterday for a ride prior to him going to the Intruder Alert rally in Ashville. He had towed his bike from Missouri the day before for the ride. Beautiful day and we had lunch then rode hwy 28 from Deals towards Cherokee, NC. Along the way as he was going around a sweeping left turn a bike coming downhill on the inside of the turn lost control, went down and slid into Mike like a bowling ball. Both riders did not have a scratch but Mikes ride lost the front forks, rim and tire in the accident. Thank God neither of them were injured. As it would happen my friend, owner of Cherokee Harley in Andrews, NC was also riding with us and was able to get a truck with trailer brought up from his shop and haul the two bikes there for repair. The police cited the other driver (just in from Canada also) and we left. As of last night the Canadian was getting his bike fixed and Mike was hauling his in his trailer to Ashville before going home. What a freak accident that ruined both of their trips.

We all became friends and are going to dinner tonight before the Canadians continue their trip. Mike had a great attitude about the whole thing and hopefully I will see him this weekend. By the way, the Canadian covered the expenses of the accident for (long ride back to his truck 60 in Tenn where he left it) Mike.

Ride safe out there guys, you never know what may slide your way.

·
Registered
898 Posts
man that is the suck... glad everyone was ok... i have never got to ride the dragon... funny i have just in the last couple of weeks thought about trailering over that way sometime to ride it.... makes you wonder though.... is it worth the trip to go if things like that happen often...

khrome

1 - 4 of 4 Posts