M109 Riders banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
So the obvious question for k109 and me is.. can the shroud be (easily?) taken off the bike/re-installed on the bike when it's one piece? I've not yet tried it but I highly doubt I would be able to do that with the bike on the ground. Might be able to do it with the bike high enough on a jack. Thoughts?
Hello Dutch. It would be extremely difficult to take the shroud off with the bike on the ground, without damaging/scraping the shroud. Jacking the bike up about 5 or 6" would be ideal for much easier and safe removal and reinstall.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Thanks brother :bigthumbsup:
So the fact the shroud is now one solid piece doesn’t matter for install/removal, as long as the bike is high enough off the ground? That’ll work for me, I’m gonna find some mesh now :D

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Thanks brother :bigthumbsup:
So the fact the shroud is now one solid piece doesn't matter for install/removal, as long as the bike is high enough off the ground? That'll work for me, I'm gonna find some mesh now :D
You're welcomed Bro...and the answer to your question is "yes." When removing, just make sure all screws have been removed, and take your time as you lower the entire shroud as one, while moving it slightly forward toward the front tire and angling it just a bit to either side of the tire. Also, lay a soft blanket or something underneath the area, just in case you lower it too much, or it slips out of your hand, to avoid scraping the finished paint surface of the lower end of the shroud.

BTW Dutch, it seems like you've done a lot of modding to your bike as of late. Do you have any updated pics you can share with us?

·
Registered
502 Posts
BTW Dutch, it seems like you've done a lot of modding to your bike as of late. Do you have any updated pics you can share with us?
You're right! But to be precise, I've only acquired a lot of mods, I haven't actually done them yet :D. In about two weeks from now I'll have a decent amount of spare time to fiddle with things.

On the immediate list are general maintenance (airfilters, oils etc), swapping out my stock brake rotors (fronts will match my RC wheels, rear will be chromed Galfer). Obviously changing brake pads and fluid as well. Checking tube nut (found small amount of play) and upgrade clutch to 2011+ while I'm in there. Removing Powerpro (have BCS flash now) and removing pair valve solenoids. Change spark plugs while I'm at it.

On the back burner are this shroud/mesh thing (need to find a large enough piece of mesh locally) and polishing (or chroming) my rear hub to match the wheels. Install Fuzeblock that's been on the shelf for years. Find a spot for my Stebel airhorn.

Side project 1: Swapping my stock 2009 tacho for an 2013 one with gear indicator. I don't think anyone has done this before. Need to fit it in the stock housing (R2, so no room in headlight) and figure out the wiring.
Side project 2: Have a rear fender where the taillight has been removed and filled in. Need to get that painted and install led strips for turnsignal, brake etc.

So, I'll be busy. But promise to take pictures and share with you guys once I'm done! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Any chance of a pic of the back side of grill ?

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
You're right! But to be precise, I've only acquired a lot of mods, I haven't actually done them yet :D. In about two weeks from now I'll have a decent amount of spare time to fiddle with things.

On the immediate list are general maintenance (airfilters, oils etc), swapping out my stock brake rotors (fronts will match my RC wheels, rear will be chromed Galfer). Obviously changing brake pads and fluid as well. Checking tube nut (found small amount of play) and upgrade clutch to 2011+ while I'm in there. Removing Powerpro (have BCS flash now) and removing pair valve solenoids. Change spark plugs while I'm at it.

On the back burner are this shroud/mesh thing (need to find a large enough piece of mesh locally) and polishing (or chroming) my rear hub to match the wheels. Install Fuzeblock that's been on the shelf for years. Find a spot for my Stebel airhorn.

Side project 1: Swapping my stock 2009 tacho for an 2013 one with gear indicator. I don't think anyone has done this before. Need to fit it in the stock housing (R2, so no room in headlight) and figure out the wiring.
Side project 2: Have a rear fender where the taillight has been removed and filled in. Need to get that painted and install led strips for turnsignal, brake etc.

So, I'll be busy. But promise to take pictures and share with you guys once I'm done! :bigthumbsup:
That's quite a list you have there Dutch. However, it sounds like you're going to have one very sweet bike, once you're all finished. I can't wait to see your finished product Bro.

Good luck with everything!!!😁👍👍👍😁

·
Registered
1 Posts
You're welcomed Bro...and the answer to your question is "yes." When removing, just make sure all screws have been removed, and take your time as you lower the entire shroud as one, while moving it slightly forward toward the front tire and angling it just a bit to either side of the tire. Also, lay a soft blanket like taco blanket or something underneath the area, just in case you lower it too much, or it slips out of your hand, to avoid scraping the finished paint surface of the lower end of the shroud.

You are right about it. But to be precisely I would say, I've only acquired a lot of mods, I haven't actually done them yet.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts