M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Memphis Shades Hellcat and have used it for a few weeks. I am 6'3" 220#. It works great for cutting the wind but I can not get it adjusted so I don't get terrible helmet buffeting(sp?). I have tried it as high and low as possible as well as changing the rake angle but it is beating the sh__ out of me. Anyone have any suggestions otherwise it will be up for sale. Also interested if anyone who has the Shooter shield is having better results. Got to go take more Advil :mad:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I know what you mean. I'm 6'3" also and I can't find a good position either. It's better than nothing but I sure hope something better comes along soon.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Wisc109,

It took me a number of tries before I found a position for my Hellcat that worked. Sadly I had to lower it as far as I could and tilt it back almost to the point of following the contour of the headlamp housing.Â

The link below shows some photos but I later got it another inch or so lower that these pics. Good luck. :bigthumbsup:

http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1642792&pid=2442560&myphotos=1

·
Registered
814 Posts
Wisc109cruiser said:
I bought a Memphis Shades Hellcat and have used it for a few weeks. I am 6'3" 220#. It works great for cutting the wind but I can not get it adjusted so I don't get terrible helmet buffeting(sp?). I have tried it as high and low as possible as well as changing the rake angle but it is beating the sh__ out of me. Anyone have any suggestions otherwise it will be up for sale. Also interested if anyone who has the Shooter shield is having better results. Got to go take more Advil :mad:
Had the same problem with the shooter. Ended up taking it off. I'm only 6'1"

·
Registered
133 Posts
Wisc109cruiser said:
I bought a Memphis Shades Hellcat and have used it for a few weeks. I am 6'3" 220#. It works great for cutting the wind but I can not get it adjusted so I don't get terrible helmet buffeting(sp?). I have tried it as high and low as possible as well as changing the rake angle but it is beating the sh__ out of me. Anyone have any suggestions otherwise it will be up for sale. Also interested if anyone who has the Shooter shield is having better results. Got to go take more Advil :mad:
The head buffeting is caused by the air coming around the sides of the windscreen, not from over the top. This is why positioning the windscreen to the lowest placement stops the buffeting because the air coming around the screen is now hitting the rider in the shoulder area of the body. The Memphis Shades windscreens recommended for the 109 are too narrow to be effective against buffeting.Â

1 - 9 of 9 Posts