M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we started to see the shooter windshields sell I ordered 50 windshields with the matching brackets. We just got in the last batch of our order and 7 of the brackets were backordered. And unfortunately all were sold so I am putting in a call to Memphis as soon as they open to see if they can pull a few strings and get some out real quick. I will keep you updated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hal......... I want the memphis shades "shooter" wind shield. I went to your site and I had to chose a color?.... I want clear is it available?.. if not I will take a smoked Black.

Please e-mail me so I can get this thing on order ASAP.

Thanks,
Woody from Va. [email protected]

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hal
Just ordered my screen. Being an overseas buyer required me to provide proof of identity to avoid internet fraud.
This works both ways - I hope the information supplied is secure.
Look forward to receiving the screen when available. :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
L-Train said:
Hal, how do we find out if we were one of the first 50?
Best thing to do is call.

I spoke to Memphis and they are rushing me 50 more brackets. With any luck I will have them by early next week.

·
Registered
176 Posts
How quickly is this windshield removable? I thought i read that i came off in about 30 seconds, is that correct?

Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DW said:
How quickly is this windshield removable? I thought i read that i came off in about 30 seconds, is that correct?

Thanks.
Once its installed you just loosen the allen bolts and its off.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Gumnut said:
Hal
Just ordered my screen. Being an overseas buyer required me to provide proof of identity to avoid internet fraud.
This works both ways - I hope the information supplied is secure.
Look forward to receiving the screen when available. :p
Hey Gumnut
Can I check out your screen when you get it?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Done deal but Only if you let my wife try out your sissy bar.
Still deciding wether to make one out of stainless myself and get both the seat and pad upholstered locally.

·
Registered
21 Posts
when removing the windshield do the mount brackets stay on the bars? And if so are they bulky? I would love to See a pic of the mounting mechanism before I order. Thanks David.

·
Registered
844 Posts
This is a question for Hal Greenlee (same as the one posed above by Woody). According to the Memphis Shades web site, it looks like the Shooter doesn't come in "clear" (only solar -- which I think is tinted all over [?]). Is this correct?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tomph1 said:
 This is a question for Hal Greenlee (same as the one posed above by Woody). According to the Memphis Shades web site, it looks like the Shooter doesn't come in "clear" (only solar -- which I think is tinted all over [?]). Is this correct?
100% correct.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
david corbett said:
when removing the windshield do the mount brackets stay on the bars? And if so are they bulky? I would love to See a pic of the mounting mechanism before I order. Thanks David.
Check out the third photo below. All that is left after you remove the windshield is the small aluminum piece that the rod goes through. You can also cut the rods to a smaller length to make a smaller amount of material visible when the windshield is on the bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts