M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a barely used (less than 400 miles) 21" Memphis Fats shield in "Solar" and quick release mounting kit to fit a C109R.

Combined they cost me over $260.

I will sell for $150 OBO, plus actual shipping.

Pictured is the shield on my bike,

I just mounted a stock Suzuki shield and no longer need this. I'm offering it here first prior to sticking it on eBay.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
332 Posts
wider and has lowers
Sorry to jack your thread but how is the height of the Suzuki compared to the Memphis Shades?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
height

Sorry to jack your thread but how is the height of the Suzuki compared to the Memphis Shades?
I think the Memphis was about an inch higher. A good looking shield for the $$. I didn't have a problem with it; that's why I've had the Suzuki in a box since Christmas. (I stole it on eBay for $350).

But the Suzuki is concave, wider and goes lower on the forks, then the lowers go even further. It has a different feel when riding because of the way it cuts the air. It took a day of riding to get used to the feel.

I just moved cross country and most everything is in boxes or I'd take some pics. I'll try this weekend and post a new thread with side by sides.

With the lack of response I've been getting I'll probably have to put it on eBay to sell this weekend.

·
Registered
231 Posts
This is a GOOD deal. I just dropped $320 for this same windshield (with lowers). The original post came the day after I bought mine - oh well.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a GOOD deal. I just dropped $320 for this same windshield (with lowers). The original post came the day after I bought mine - oh well.
Beware of the memphis shades lowers, they CLAMP on to the chrome tube covers and WILL scar them. I had a set and after reading the instructions; took them back.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Beware of the memphis shades lowers, they CLAMP on to the chrome tube covers and WILL scar them. I had a set and after reading the instructions; took them back.
I'm not sure I agree with this statement because my Memphis Shades Lowers have plastic/teflon on the inside of the clamps. While they do mount to the chrome fork tube covers I don't see them scratching the chrome all that much.

I have been pretty happy with my Memphis shades and this is a good deal! The price he bought at is correct. One of the reasons I bought the Memphis Shades was for the quick release but I never take it off anymore. If I didn't already have mine I be interested.

From my experience you really need to lowers also because they eliminate the flow of air up your legs into your chin resulting in increased head buffeting. If you have Cobra Fatty bars your lower position choices are limited (lowers have to stick almost straight out). I found that you need to have the lowers up high, close to the windscreen, for the best effect.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
still available

I still have this shield available, make me an offer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.