M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out on my travels today passed 3 109's blew me away where did they all come from?
Could we have an Aussie section Lamonster ?  :p
What do you think might bring a few of us 109's together.
Thanks ozzy

·
Registered
411 Posts
Why don´t you just start an "extra" forum. Thats what they did here in Germany. Not as fancy as this one here but it is easier for the most to write in german (I know you don´t have the language "problem") but its easier to concentrate on certain topics/areas/tours. Of course I still spend as much time here as I did before they started the other forum as I think the people here are great , the topics are choice and its just a lot of fun to see what everyone is doing back home (I am an American its just I live over here). Information here is priceless :bigthumbsup:example ; Windshield from DLP and sissybar/luggage rack from Metcruz in Austraila :bigthumbsup: If it wasn´t so damn expensive (custom taxes) I would have already ordered many more parts from DLP and big Joe for example.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey Ozzy 109,

I ride with 2 other 109's and email with 2 others. I think an Aussie site would be great. I am sure Suzuki dealers would publicise it and Suzuki Australia may even put a link from their website?

Johnno (Sydney)

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mad Dog said:
Why don´t you just start an "extra" forum. Thats what they did here in Germany. Not as fancy as this one here but it is easier for the most to write in german (I know you don´t have the language "problem") but its easier to concentrate on certain topics/areas/tours. Of course I still spend as much time here as I did before they started the other forum as I think the people here are great , the topics are choice and its just a lot of fun to see what everyone is doing back home (I am an American its just I live over here). Information here is priceless :bigthumbsup:example ; Windshield from DLP and sissybar/luggage rack from Metcruz in Austraila :bigthumbsup: If it wasn´t so damn expensive (custom taxes) I would have already ordered many more parts from DLP and big Joe for example.
Great idea maddog but im no lamonster here barely knew how to turn this thing on a year ago :confused: i will wait for an aussie site to come up then Thanks

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Johnno said:
Hey Ozzy 109,

I ride with 2 other 109's and email with 2 others. I think an Aussie site would be great. I am sure Suzuki dealers would publicise it and Suzuki Australia may even put a link from their website?

Johnno (Sydney)
Hi Johnno
3 9's what a sight that would be turning some heads :bigthumbsup:
I think we will have to wait for an ozzyLaMonster to set a site up for us
Ozzy (Brisbane)

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Hi ozzy 109 & Johnno,

I'm lovin Lamonster's site and maybe we can set up a chapter :dontknow: like the various 'Stateside' states have done? I'm up for it. I'm a member of the Ulysses club and one of the other members of my chapter has an M109. It was seeing his awesome bike that lead me to mine :D My first glimpse was from the rear :2cool: and the rest is history. I also keep in touch with another owner in Newcastle.

Hey Johnno, I'm also in Sydney so we'll have to hook up for a ride sometime :p

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi from Brisbane, an OZ branch would be a good thing as our road rules are a
bit different to overseas stuff. I did the tuck the rear number plate up near the
break light and move the blinkers mod on the weekend and got pulled over by
the cops today. They tell me it is not legal as the orignal low hanging plastic stuff
doubles as a rear guard. Don't seem to be a problem in the states !!!!

Cheers
Pazza

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Hi Pazza,

That's interesting, because since finding this site only about a week ago that mod is really making me think. I'm going to contact the RTA to find out the legalities of it. I'm a :cop: magnet and looking at what the stateside guys are getting away with makes me somewhat jealous. I'm pretty sure we won't get away with a lot of that stuff plus they've got a larger and pretty cool M109 community going :p This site's great eh :D

I hope you don't cop too much grief from your mod. Good luck and if you don't mind, keep me posted on your progress.

Cheers

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ozzy109 , I think you understood how I meant it not that there is a misunderstanding. I meant an additional forum not replace this one (not that it would be possible, this one here has to be the Greastest  :bigthumbsup: )Austraila is much bigger then Germany so I really don´t know if it would help anyways but then on the other hand maybe Lamont will put an extra section for ya´ll down under. I like the additional forum over here because when I logged on here I am open to all topics and threads. If there was an extra Germany section I might miss something I would have seen otherwise by going direct to the Germany section. Germany only got 800 M1800R´s delievered in 2006 so I am hoping to see more people be able to get one in 2007. I just hope Suzi don´t flood the market with them. They have a tendancy to do either one extreme or the other :confused: Â

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Pazza
Thats not good mate did the :cop: give you a ticket or defect you?
I just did this mod myself and it looks sweet !
Going to be hard to stick the beaver back on :evil: :evil:
Yes a aussie section would be sweet at least we could keep every one up on the legalities here :cop:
Ozzy

·
Registered
224 Posts
Top idea Ozzy 109, :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

An Aussie flavour would be cool to the site.
It would help us fing gear etc in Oz
I have found one other 109 in my Town in Victoria.
Hey Aussies, see my Post on Merchandise too.
Where do you Get M 109 R & Boulevard clothing imported or in Oz
such as a Boulevard Leather Vest,Jacket , Hat, Watch or whatever in Oz or imported.

Fatcat downunder in Oz

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Fellas

An Aussie section would be cool.

Our bikes seem to have more "restrictions" on them, so it would also be good to find out what we can/should remove to improve power etc.

Morgs (Newcastle)

P.S. G'day Johnno

1 - 12 of 12 Posts