M109 Rider Forums banner

Maybe The Wrong Diff Oil

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  some 9 
#1 ·
Hi, I done my 1st oil / filter and diff oil change recently, it was always done before this at the motorcycle shop, after it was done I remembered the oil from the diff when it was drained was smooth and a darkish syrup look about it, the new oil that was sold to me from the bike shop is a very dark gray, close to black colour oil. It says on the container .... Gear Box / Reinforced formulated MoS2 . Gearbox and Differential Oil ....... MOTUL SAE 80 W 90 Mineral.......
Does this sound like the right oil for my 2009 M109R ..... Just seems odd that it looks and feels nothing like my old oil .....

#2 ·
It has to be hypoid 80w or 75-90w synthetic or not. according to them your good.

About Motul Gearbox and rear axle lubricant (Mineral) SAE 80w-90 Gearbox and differential lubricant
Molybdenum bisulphide MOS2 reinforced
Extreme pressure

Specially recommended for noisy or/and loaded gearboxes.
All mechanical transmission, synchronised or not synchronised gearboxes, gearbox/differential, transfer gearboxes and hypoïd differentials without limited slip system operating under shocks, heavy loads and low revolution speed or moderate loads and high revolution speed.

Motul Gearbox 80w-90 is also known as:
Motul Gear box 80w-90 Motul Gearbox 80w90 Motul 80w90 Motul 80w-90 Motul gear 80w-90 Motul gear 80w90

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.