M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
532 Posts
Yeah, they have a special veterans section on their site too. I thought that was pretty cool. Nobody ever said that HD was unpatriotic, they just need to catch up with the times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
770 Posts
eire1965 said:
Yeah, they have a special veterans section on their site too. I thought that was pretty cool. Nobody ever said that HD was unpatriotic, they just need to catch up with the times.
Way behind the times!!!! :joke:
 

·
Very Active Member
Joined
·
5,784 Posts
yep, put a $20 emblem on a bike and charge more money for it (I'm assuming that they cost more, this information has not been confirmed, your results may vary).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
The problem with HD is that they are afraid to loss there die hard HD rider by updating the motor to something better.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WohoSo said:
The problem with HD is that they are afraid to loss there die hard HD rider by updating the motor to something better.
Hey man, that kid is getting ready to kick a soccer ball at your bike! :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
Says here the VROD, (the only HD worth a second look) is going to run just under $17,000.
yeah, that's what's listed. now go to a real dealer, and ask what it'd cost out the door.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,121 Posts
chadrob30 said:
A nice idea would be 10%off list and 10% off parts with free installation for all vets and active duty heroes like Firefighters, Police, etc
put a few rules in so there are no scammers and then I would feel they were doing the right thing. Restaurants give away free meals, HD could do something like that. I know I see some Mom and Pop stores that offer that sometimes.

If I ran a business I would.

Sledzep
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
890 Posts
sledzep01 said:
A nice idea would be 10%off list and 10% off parts with free installation for all vets and active duty heroes like Firefighters, Police, etc
put a few rules in so there are no scammers and then I would feel they were doing the right thing. Restaurants give away free meals, HD could do something like that. I know I see some Mom and Pop stores that offer that sometimes.
If I ran a business I would. Sledzep
Thanks Sledzep! you took the words outta my mouth. HD is playing the patriot card...lip service :verymad: and people fall for their crap...pay HIGH prices and get a darn button...I wouldn't buy one and I'm a vet...JMHO

Devilish
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
MSRP for Veterans would be a good deal. I might consider one then.
I was in Home Depot the other day and noticed they affer 10% off all purchases for active duty military. I thought that was pretty neat. :bigthumbsup:
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DevilishEyes109 said:
Thanks Sledzep! you took the words outta my mouth. HD is playing the patriot card...lip service :verymad: and people fall for their crap...pay HIGH prices and get a darn button...I wouldn't buy one and I'm a vet...JMHO

Devilish
Couldnt agree more. Let us show you how much we appreciate you by slapping your services emblem on the tank and charging you 3k more than a regular one would be! We really appreciate all you've done for us.

Thanks, but i'll put a $1 sticker on my 109 and save $2,999.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
MSRP for Veterans would be a good deal. I might consider one then.
I was in Home Depot the other day and noticed they affer 10% off all purchases for active duty military. I thought that was pretty neat.
that's one thing HD does have down. you can buy a harley from most any military base in the world (including in a warzone if you can find a decent sized PX) through AFFES. they'll have it waiting for you wherever you want. i'm not sure if it's MSRP, but it's supposed to be the cheapest you can find it anywhere. Also, it's tax free.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Harley has a special deal for active duty personel, as well as police officers, shriners and I believe there is a package for firefighters. It would be nice to see them have something for veterans. As far as the comment about at least MSRP pricing for vets...that's all on the dealers. Harley's "official" stance has always been to sell their bikes at MSRP and we all know how much they impress upon their dealers to hold to that. :verymad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
908 Posts
phaed said:
that's one thing HD does have down. you can buy a harley from most any military base in the world (including in a warzone if you can find a decent sized PX) through AFFES. they'll have it waiting for you wherever you want. i'm not sure if it's MSRP, but it's supposed to be the cheapest you can find it anywhere. Also, it's tax free.
Yep, Harley has been doing this for over 20+ years. It is WAY under MSRP. (I'm talkin' thousands). Have friends and son-in-law purchase this way. Can only purchase through AAFES overseas locations however. But can pick up the bike anywhere in the world. Deal is you cannot retitle or sell the bike for at least a year I believe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,121 Posts
Now that is cool :bigthumbsup: How about veterans though?? too bad they don't expand it (I am not a veteran) It would seem that once sacrifices are made for your country their importance does no diminish.
I am glad they are doing it though.

Sledzep
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
890 Posts
If they offered a REAL veterans discount...like the overseas discount ...then I'd jump on a Fatboy...always liked those. But as it stands I wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole. I don't really have anything against the bike...just the marketing practice.

Devilish
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top