M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since we are having trouble getting an affordable chin spoiler made I contacted Ken Cooley of Shapemasters who makes risers spacer blocks for the M90 and M50 and also a chin spoiler for the M50. Here is his response to me.

"I was concerned when I saw that Corbin launched their chin spoiler.
I figured it was more costly then many could afford and still required painting too. Let me look it over and see what I can do.I will need a bike to measure up and do some work with.
Take care
Ken "

If anybody lives near St. Joseph, IL let me know and maybe you can have Ken see what he can come up with. I can get you his contact information. I told him many guys like the one from Low and Mean. Heck that thing will be around $400.00 by the time you add the grills to it. Anyway I also attached some photos of the M50 one. Not my cup of Tea as they say but I do know Ken does excellent quality work and if he can make something similar to the Low and Mean one for less money.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:barf:

People think Corbin's shroud looks too round and bubbly, but that thing looks like a brick.
That is why I sent him a picture of the Low and Mean Shroud. I asked him if he could design something similar to the Low and Mean Shroud at a reasonable price. If soemone lives close enough to him he is wiling to try to come up with something.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
If it wasn't a 5+ hour ride for me, I'd take my bike there. I guess we'll wait and see if SEMAIAH is able to get his bike to Low and Mean.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Chin Spoiler Scheduling Fixing In The Phoenix Area

I am working with one company now in the Phoenix area on Scheduling fixing time and date, I will be doing the same with Low & Mean, I will have to leave the bike there for 4 weeks plus for the fixing, so I will keep everyone in touch on the date and time for this to happen. I live in Saint Louis, Missouri so once we have schedule the fixing time needed I will plan the travel plans.
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I am working with one company now in the Phoenix area on Scheduling fixing time and date, I will be doing the same with Low & Mean, I will have to leave the bike there for 4 weeks plus for the fixing, so I will keep everyone in touch on the date and time for this to happen. I live in Saint Louis, Missouri so once we have schedule the fixing time needed I will plan the travel plans.
:bigthumbsup:
That is great!

I heard from Ken again I an let him know (again) that it would have to look more like the Low and Mean Shroud to draw interest. He is in Ogden, IL. if anybody out there wants to give this a try. My guess is he will be at least $100.00 less than Low and Mean for a complete unit. He thought the Corbin Shroud was a little too expensive. The one he did for the M50 he was selling for under $200.00.

·
Registered
144 Posts
How Far Is Ogden, IL From Stl

I will also do the Ogden, Il. if you guys think it worth it? because I will not be getting to Phoenix until the first part of Oct. so if every would like me to try the Ogden frist give me all of the information and I will do it whenever he can schedule in it will not hurt to see what someone can come up with. How Far Is Ogden, IL From Stl.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
How Far Is Ogden, IL From Stl.
152 of so miles.

My opinion is...if you are going to Low and Mean why bother going to Shapemasters when everyone wants the Low and Mean shroud.

Not trying to offend anyone, but judging by what Shapemasters designed for the M50 can you honestly tell me they could come up with anything even remotely close to Low and Mean's shroud? Corbin was given photos of Low and Mean's shroud and even told that was what the M90 owners wanted and look how that turned out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
152 of so miles.

My opinion is...if you are going to Low and Mean why bother going to Shapemasters when everyone wants the Low and Mean shroud.

Not trying to offend anyone, but judging by what Shapemasters designed for the M50 can you honestly tell me they could come up with anything even remotely close to Low and Mean's shroud? Corbin was given photos of Low and Mean's shroud and even told that was what the M90 owners wanted and look how that turned out.
i agree to an extent. To be honest will it truly hurt to have options? Seriously how many different chin spoilers does the 109 have ? Everyone has different tastes and you never know what you'll get. It could be good or bad. what is there to loose?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
It could be good or bad. what is there to loose?
Other than time Semaiah could be riding his bike rather than having it sit at a shop and Shapemasters taking the time to make something no one is going to buy...nothing.

This is what I anticipate Shapemasters version looking like (please excuse the crude depiction).

Sure it's nice to have options, but if you tell Shapemasters "I want something that looks like Low and Mean's shroud" why not just get it from Low and Mean? I'd prefer having something on my bike made by a company that specializes in motorcycles rather than desk trays and light globes. The shroud they made for the M50 is crude to say the least...

·
Registered
90 Posts
i agree with you yet again, but the decision is not mine to make. If Semaiah wants to do it more power to him. i just would like to have options more than Corbin's bubble.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Other than time Semaiah could be riding his bike rather than having it sit at a shop and Shapemasters taking the time to make something no one is going to buy...nothing.

This is what I anticipate Shapemasters version looking like (please excuse the crude depiction).

Sure it's nice to have options, but if you tell Shapemasters "I want something that looks like Low and Mean's shroud" why not just get it from Low and Mean? I'd prefer having something on my bike made by a company that specializes in motorcycles rather than desk trays and light globes. The shroud they made for the M50 is crude to say the least...
You are welcome to your opinion but if Ken can come up with something that looks good and bring it in much less expensive I am all for it. It is up to the person going to let Ken take a look at his bike to see if he thinks it is worth it. Low and Mean looks to make very nice stuff but the pricing is very high. Yes the shroud they make looks better than the Corbin but it is around $20.00 higher and that is before paint. If you look at any product they paint add $150.00 to $200.00. Oh I forgot the other $55.00 for the screening. So in total by the time you are done you are looking at a $500-550.00 dollar product.

The M50 shroud Ken was selling for under $200.00 painted. It is not the most attractive thing to me either so that is why I asked him to take a look at the other shroud to see if he can produce something similar and bring it to market at a decent price. Many companies knock off products and bring a nice quality product to the market for people in a budget just like Suzuki did.

Anyway done with my rant on this.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll reserve judgement until I see what the Shapemasters shroud looks like on your bike :)
It won't be on my bike unless it looks good. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts