M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I was wondering if someone can help me out?

I got a new exhaust the cobra speedster streetrod slashdowns, right now I have the power commander but am waiting for a new hose clamp to come in before I take the air box off. The local dealer told me that they could program/map my bike for the new pipes. Is this true and will the performance improve? Is it worth the 100$? I will not get the power commander in for a few weeks and am planning a long ride next week.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Unless you are going to put a one of the Air Kits on you will be fine with the just the pipes for now. The bike is rich from stock.

Lamont is currently running his with no added fuel from the FI2000 he has.

TAZ

·
Registered
961 Posts
JR,

I just replied to Lamonster about his FI200R settings. I'm running JSD-3M and my home built ram air. I started at the factory defaults and started over at 0. My settings are now 2 2 3 and my seems to be running great on the rich side with the stock exhaust. What's up with that! I know identical bikes will have a tendency to run differently; but now 4 different settings with different mods. Any answers??

C-One

·
Registered
752 Posts
I don't have pipes yet. I have my homemade air kit that I will replace with a Thunder Mfg soon. This kit really did bump my seat of the pants acceleration. My PCM is going in this week on a dyno that plugs into it (forget the name of this type of dyno). I will have a few custom maps made plus the map it comes with. I will post them here along with dyno results, humidity, temp and altitude.

·
Registered
44 Posts
JR, I'll take the Cobra unit off your hands if you want to get rid of it. Partial trade for the pipe shipping cost?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
JR is correct. I'm running 243 and I like that better than the previous setting of 340. I can feel the bike realy pull down low through midrange. :bigthumbsup:

My only changes to the bike are 3 baffles drilled with a 1.25" hole saw & applied to both pipes. I have the JSD-3M & the FI2000R module. :read: Oh, yes, I also have a shooter windshield. :joke:

If there is any way I can help anyone, let me know. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Chuck

·
Registered
961 Posts
Thanks Chuck,

Any information on this subject is greatly appreciated. I'll try those settings and see what kind of results I get. I'm not tuning for HP, my basic concern is driveability. I have noticed with the mods I've made the bike runs better that stock, although I have the stock pipes. I was riding with a guy I met yesterday that has a silver M, I was behind him and the stock pipes sound sweet!!!! It has the right sound that I was looking for in a cruiser. I'm pleased with the mods I've made and the ram air kit is unique to my bike no one has one.

JSD-3M
Cobra FI2000R
Shooter Windscreen
Ram air kit
Kuryakyn grips and ISO wings

C-One

1 - 8 of 8 Posts